The Body Shop At Home (Hints and tips)

Options

Comments

• cherrypie556
    Options
    I've a party tonight for my sister and her mates. I want to get the party sales to £500 and their are 12 peole going so thats only £42 each, well £37 with this month PWP at £5. Im gonna give them insentives to spend £42 each so hopefully should do it and if it works, gonna try it on my other parties too!

Vicki x
  • mon1o
    mon1o Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    Vicki hope your party goes better than mine did last night! It was ridiculous! Only got £34 in orders. Ive got one on monday but can see that being a total washout and then on friday i know ive got a biggie cos its my sisters and shes making it her leaving do from work.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have decided to start doing Body Shop parties, but I don't know a lot of people around where I live as I only moved here 5 months ago and have been really busy with other things. How do you get started? Any advice would be great, and if there's anyone from Liverpool here, who would let me either attend a party, or give me pointers etc I'd be really grateful. I know a lot about Body Shop products which helps of course.
  • katyk_2
    katyk_2 Posts: 507 Forumite
    Options
    Not an agent - just seeking advice from one. DD (age 12) wants to do fundraising for cancer research, having seen grandad come through it successfully. Couple of chums wanted to join her (think all know someone who has had cancer). I thought of me officially being the hostess at a party (as I presume I need to be 18+) but letting them do all the work.ie send out invites to neighbours/family, put out the homebackes and nibbles on the night, TIDY THE HOUSE in preparation (see - I do get something out of it!) and say it was 'their' party. Then, instead of receiving a hostess gift, asking for a cash donation to CR. Can anyone advise how much they would be entitled to as cash donation (obviously as a % of sales).
    Thanks
  • cherrypie556
    Options
    I have a few fundraisers coming up and i donate 10% of the sales. HTH xx
  • mon1o
    mon1o Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    vicki how was your party last night?
  • katyk_2
    katyk_2 Posts: 507 Forumite
    Options
    I have a few fundraisers coming up and i donate 10% of the sales. HTH xx

So does this just mean it is up to the individual rather than a set amount?
    Thanks
    Katyk
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    I've decided to start this ASAP. Well, as soon as I can afford the £95 initial outlay. So, is it like Ann Summers where you just get order forms? Who posts the stuff the client; you or Body Shop and does this therefore come out of your earnings or are they charged?
  • cherrypie556
    Options
    katyk wrote: »
    So does this just mean it is up to the individual rather than a set amount?
    Thanks
    Katyk

Yes it is hun.

My party went well, took £260 worth of sales and just ordered myself the mineral make-up collectiona nd a conference ticket!! Anyone else going to the xmas conference? I can't wait, theirs loads of us going inc my best mate. Looking forward to all the goodies!!!

FlickeringEmber- You can either get the orders sent direct to the host or to yourself and they come already sorted and bagged so you have nothing to do. It cost's £5 for deliverey but you do a raffle on the night of the party which covers that and a bit extra for you. (but shhh cause bodyshop doesn't do raffles lol):rotfl:
  • ditzeeblonde
    Options
    Hi All

I've just joined tbsah too... did my 1st 2 parties last week.

Does anyone find it quite hard to get the party bookings within the next 4 weeks from a party? Mine all seem to be a couple of months away!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure