• AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    I've just checked my other little 'pots' and I have:
    £10.81 in TCB
    £2 in OnePoll CashBack
    £6.60 in OnePoll
    £17.24 in PayPal
    £20 owed to me from my sister

I'm not sure how to combine the OnePoll cashback to my onepoll account, I dont use this anymore, only TCB as its a lot better.
  • MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Moving is so stressful- even worse when complicated by family matters. Feeling like you're out of pocket must be maddening. At least once you're in your new place, you'll feel more settled and will have crossed off a lot of stuff on your to do list. Good luck with the money from musicmagpie- I know quite a few people who were waiting literally for months and mm were quibbling over details- sometimes payments due were minuscule so it was even more infuriating.

Hope you get some chill time soon
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • AleMrsT
    Yay, the lady collecting one of my for sale items has just been, so thats £10 to add to the pot. :T Also, just been sorting some bits upstairs, OH has £40 cash stashed away in the copperpot (box where we keep loose change). Added to the cash I have in my purse we have an extra £75! Will see what he's doing with it later, might be useful to keep in the pot 'forgotten about' in case we need some emergency cash later in the month.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,871
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi AleMrsT, sounds like its all a bit stressful at the moment, hopefully it will all be a bit more settled once you move. :mad: at landlord and music magpie, so annoying. I hope you and OH get a chance to relax soon :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
  • AleMrsT
    Hi everyone.

So, I have sold another item on FBook, it is only for £12 but it is a large freestanding fan which is really heavy, and it saves us shifting it to the new house where it will inevitably sit in the spare room for the duration of our time there, as it has done here, so we're £12 better off with more space :T
    We paid the rent and deposit on the new house yesterday so we're all ready to collect the keys on Friday. :j I don't start work until 10am so we're collecting the keys at 9.30, I may even have time to have a quick look round the house again before I go to work. :)

My payment has gone out to StepChange, and there is a message on their website which says that payments now go out to creditors 5 days after SC receive them, which is much better, so I may not get letters from HFax anymore as the payments will be made by 11th of each month.

On the downside, it leaves me with less than £300 in my account for the rest of the month, with £35.73 to come out for the car insurance, (no phone bill woop!) and then a food shop, and holiday spends, as well as things we may need for the new house :eek:
    fingers crossed the cheque I paid in on Monday will clear soon, and the MM money will finally arrive, and if I can get the other bits and bobs sold I should be reasonably ok. I've already paid for the mail redirection so thats covered.
    I'm stressed just thinking about it, but I take that as a good sign as pre-LBM I wouldnt have cared and just kept spending on my card without being aware of the balance.

On a more positive note, OH is getting a promotion at work :T:j his manager is leaving which is really sad news as she's helped him out a lot and has looked into the disability rights/employment law for me, however, she's put him forward to step into her shoes as a deputy manager, until he has some more experience, eventually moving up into the management role after 12-18 months.:D It will be a staggered pay rise, so he'll get an increase now to the deputy role, then another increase when he eventually gets the manager role in 12 months or so. I'm really pleased for him, as 3 years ago he was working in completely different industry, with 10 years experience, working in his 'dream job', then got made redundant and got lucky 9 months later getting offered a temporary maternity contract as a receptionist, which he had absolutely no experience for, but they took a chance on him, and its now really paying off.

Its given me even more of an incentive to start looking for a new job again, I'm sick of working for an estate agent now, especially considering how much money the agency makes vs how much the staff get paid, and the bonuses and pay rises that are non-existent.
    When my hours changed 5 months ago, I asked the director to set me up on the company pension scheme, he shrugged his shoulders and said he didnt know anything about it, it was part of the new contracts and he'd have to check with the accountants.
    Then I had my review last month (we've NEVER had reviews before, they've been introduced since the new head of sales came on board), I mentioned the company pension again then, and neither my manager nor the head of sales knew what I was talking about, they said they'd mention it to the director, and I said I already had. That was over 6 weeks ago, and I've STILL not heard anything about it.

I really want to look into this, as I thought it was now compulsory for all employers to run a company pension scheme, which is all well and good if you can actually get included on it!!

I am nearly 30, and have NO pension after working for a company for 5 years. I don't think this is right. I have one from a previous company I worked for, but I don't know how to access it or pay into it or anything, I have no idea how they work! (If anyone knows and could shed some light on it for me, I'd be grateful!!)

Anyway, off to get the washing put out on the line now then get some more jobs done before the lady pops round to collect the fan.

Happy hump day everyone.
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hey AleMrsT! Sorry I haven't posted for a while! I see it's all go on the house front! I still haven't sorted out my stuff for Zapper etc - I'll take note about what you said about MM. Hopefully I'll find time this weekend to go to my parents and grab all my old CDs etc so at least then they're at mine for me to start sorting through. I'm nearly 30, have worked for my firm for nearly 5 years and have no pension! However being a small firm they're not required to have a scheme in place yet. Hope you're well.
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    As you've seen from my diary, I've finally gone through my CDs! Thanks for the kick in the proverbial! :rotfl:
    Starting again..
  • AleMrsT
    edited 8 April 2015 at 6:42PM
    Yay, we're in our new home!! And it really does feel like HOME already. :) although the decision was made for us, I'm so glad we have moved. The new house is better than I remember.

I'm back at work tomorrow which is rubbish, and OH is handing the keys back for the old house at 9am.

We have decided to use the deposit money to pay for the car tax and insurance that is due in June, and just make do for the rest of the month. OH's parents have given us another cash gift to use for whatever we may need. :T what would we do without them?

We've stocked up on food, although we have inevitably spent more than planned on take outs during the moving process.:eek:

It sounds silly, but now we've moved I'm determined to make an effort to lose weight and get some exercise. We have built in wardrobes with mirrored fronts in our new bedroom, and I've felt embarrassed when I see myself getting out of bed each morning with actual rolls of fat! I've never been as heavy or inactive as I have been this past year so that has to change.
    I want to book a holiday to give me an incentive to get slimmer and fitter.

New saving aims:
    1) replace furniture in living room (tv unit, storage unit and coffee table), and buy a console table for the hallway.
    2) Book a holiday ABROAD for next year's anniversary.
    3) think about savings to replace the car

Number 3 is not a priority, more an emergency plan, our current car is 14 years old now and *fingers crossed* is still going strong, but I think we need to start thinking ahead. (I know, get me planning ahead!!!!)

That's all for now, lots to look forward to and save for!
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,018
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Congratulations on your new home! :T:j:T:j

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,871
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Yay for the new flat, I bet you're glad to have settled in :).

I'm with you on trying to lose a bit of weight, I feel like I've put on quite a bit recently even with training for my run. I do a lot of exercise but I also eat far too much.

Like the new savings aims - where do you fancy going abroad to?
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure