I WILL get there!!

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    35 months is incredible! That gives you plenty of leeway..and congratulations on the amazing bonus too!

Never say never on how much you can afford to pay off , I have found setting a target and then a stretch target to be massively beneficial each month. Side hustles can come in all sorts of guises not just eBaying.

Nice to have the city break to look forward to as well.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 7 August 2015 at 12:01PM
    Thanks Bob, I was so surprised to be accepted but very grateful as it will go a long way to helping me on my debt free journey.

I'm finding the Payment a Day a big help, seeing the numbers constantly going down, even if only by small amounts is a big benefit for my mind - thanks for pointing me in that direction :D

The city breaks will be wonderful, I just hope I can spend as little as possible!

Made another small payment this morning after another sale on ebay, small but still there :)

I'm going to sit down tomorrow and try and see if there's any way to get reductions on utility bills etc. I'm pretty good about moving my gas and electric accounts whenever I can find a cheaper deal, but it's still worth looking into.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    edited 8 August 2015 at 10:46AM
    Paid £2.66 off my B/C today - small amounts but at least I'm seeing the total slowly go down!

Normally I equally look forward to, and dread payday but I'm finding that today I'm on countdown because I can't wait to update my totals! Long may this thinking continue :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    twiggy86 wrote: »

And re Very - you need to do what suits you mentally as well as financially. It isn't always the biggest/highest interest which plays on our minds!

Just wanted to say thanks for this bit of advice Twiggy, had a sit down and think this morning, and although I'm doing well paying bits off all debts it's still the very one which is playing on my mind so at this point I've decided any additional payments will be off that. Knowing that I've successfully paid off one debt will massively help me :)
  • kirtsypoos
    Hi Kirsty

We found a local butcher who does great deals and just order from him once every couple of weeks or a big order each month and freeze everything in portions. !

Hi HarrysMummy, I've been doing meal plans for the last 2 weeks which has helped the odd bit of extras shopping I was doing and massively adding up, but I've also sat down and done some research on a couple of local butchers so am headed there this afternoon to see what sort of deals they do! Thanks for that tip, will report later how I get on!
  • kirtsypoos
    Checked my very account this morning and because of the amount of overpayments I've made I'm well on track to clear it soon so decided to make my weekend overpayments to credit cards so I've made a small overpayment of £3.90 to my BC. My plan as to which debt to make overpayments on seems to change day to day but I figure as long as I keep making overpayments it will all make a difference in the long run :)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi Kirsty
    Just stumbled across your diary - you are doing brilliantly. Those little things all add up.
  • kirtsypoos
    Hi Kirsty
    Just stumbled across your diary - you are doing brilliantly. Those little things all add up.

Thanks Crazy_cat-lady all the fantastic support from the site is really helping me along.

I'm planning on starting to count up no spend days to gee myself along - I don't tend to spend a lot during the week, just the food shop really but I'm sure I'll notice things I would have bought without realising if that makes sense. I won't be taking any money out of the house Mon-Fri so if I don't have it I can't spend it!
  • kirtsypoos
    edited 11 August 2015 at 9:46AM
    Another small payment for me today. Staying positive, it all counts!
  • kirtsypoos
    I've changed my signature as I was feeling pretty rubbish about it all and would rather see how far I've come in the last year rather than just the last month. I update the totals every day anyway but my percentages just looked tiny!
    I know it's a silly little thing but it's something which will make me realise I'm getting somewhere, even if it is slowly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport