flybe free flights offer - any luck anyone?

Comments

• hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Is there an alternate number for them on the Saynoto8070 website?
    If At First You Don't Succeed, Call It Version 1.0 :D
  • This is not a con. There are 10 seats on every flybe flight put aside for the free flights. You just need to book one of these 10 seats. These must have already been taken for the flight you wanted. There are many people who have used their free flights.

Nah!

I obtained a Flybe Credit card they offered a free flight and points for free flights.

1: When trying for the free flight is was not possible to get one at a reasonable date or time, OK, so I will buy heavily on my card, which , to date, gave me 120 points.

Enough for several trips.

But, I couldn't even get a return flight from Southampton to Leeds.

The system said "no seats available"

As I had used the flight as a paying passenger several times before and never seen the flights full, I went in as a paying passenger and on this particular date there were 21 seats available, then I thought that perhaps, they were reserved although not taken, so I waited until 3 hours before takeoff, and still the same result, so I assume it is a scam and they will not honour the promise made.

Tell everyone to not accept the Flybe card on the basis of free flights, it will not happen
  • I activated my card today but based on what i've said I think I may just cancel it!
  • If you are thinking of falling for the free flight voucher from Flybe - think again. To get your free flight you will have to open a new credit card with Creation - the credit card company behind the deal.

But if you still think you'll get a ticket to anywhere interesting like sunny shores or ski-ing resorts then forget it. Today I received this email from Flybe that explains just how limited this offer is:
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/rodney.bates.FIRSTCALL/Local%20Settings/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Important changes to your Rewards4all account
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/rodney.bates.FIRSTCALL/Local%20Settings/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    Over the past three years well over a million of our loyal passengers have signed up for Rewards4all, the UK’s most generous low cost Frequent Flyer scheme. In that time tens of thousands of passengers have redeemed points for flights as well as access to our 11 Executive Lounges across the UK.

We work hard to ensure all our members are able to benefit from the scheme. However, over the past few months we have become increasingly aware that the heavy demand for flight redemptions on what is actually just a small number of the routes Flybe operates is putting huge pressure on some of our most popular ’sea and sun’ routes such as those to Spain and Portugal. As our network evolves over the next few years this situation is unlikely to change.

We have also listened to your requests as frequent flyers to be advised of late availability for redemption bookings to make it even easier for you to enjoy the benefits of the programme.

So in keeping the scheme as simple to use as possible, we will be making the following changes to the scheme rules with effect from 31 March 2011:
    • No seats will be available for redemption on any flight to Spain, Portugal or Croatia. However, there remains limited availability over the upcoming winter period up to March 31st, 2011.
    • Seats will be available to all other Flybe destinations with almost three quarters of a million new seats now available for redemption flights from April. However, again due to high demand, availability during school holidays, around major sporting events and on routes we operate only at weekends, will still be extremely limited.
    • Redemption flights will be made available for booking approximately 1 month after the normal schedule is available for purchase on Flybe.com website.
    • To help you make the most of your well-earned points and maximise the opportunity to redeem your points to a destination of choice, we will be sending you a regular email newsletter that will give you the best tips and latest value for money offers.
    The millions of seats available for redemption will still give you an extensive choice of highly attractive UK and European city break destinations to enjoy and we look forward to working with you to help you make the most of your points - and to welcoming you on board again soon!

I other words - it's ticket to nowhere and when no one wants to go.
    BEWARE.
  • I also have a free flight voucher for myself and a 'partner'. I have to date attempted to call the number stated on it 6 times. The longest hold time was 43 minutes - a valiant effort I thnk you'll agree.

Then without warning I received a letter stating that, should I ever get through on the 0870 number, I can't go anywhere nice as they're not honouring the flights that the guy in the airport who pushed me the credit card said they would.

I'm steering clear of FLYBE from now on - I've had several bad experiences with them so, after an 8 year relationship, its off to the divorce courts. I'm cuddling up to Eastern Airways - I hope they treat me better....
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    I think its worth saving for the airport lounge about it
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    PNPSUKNET wrote: »
    I think its worth saving for the airport lounge about it

Yeah that would look good in the airport lounge getting ready to get on a flybe flight.

I have a flybe card and they can shove their free ticket up their ar*e...
  • star-fire wrote: »
    I have a flybe card and they can shove their free ticket up their ar*e...

Ditto ..... only took it out after receiving Martins recent weekly email, and because we always holiday in Portugal and/or Spain.
    It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
    and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!
  • Recently I was swept along on a tide of enthusiasm for Flybe's credit card "free" flight offer. :j
    It took me over 3 hours on the telephone to secure my two "free" flights, which were not on the days that I wanted them but hey....they were free?
    Because of the time taken waiting on their 0850 telephone number and because of the general lack of availability I wrote to Flybe customer services to comment on the waiting and lack of availablity for "free" flights. The response was the call centre were so busy because of the Icelandic ash cloud and flights were released regularly but they couldn't tell me which flights, on what dates or in fact anything useful at all.
    Eventually I secured my two "free" flights and paid the airport taxes then and there. Overall a saving of £90.00 = RESULT!
    I asked about tickets and was told to check my Flybe account about a week before departure. Needless to say my Flybe account lay bare. I again contacted Flybe and was told to "just turn up" therefore, unwittingly and having not thought this through properly I lay myself open for the bag charges. As I could not check in online I had to pay full whack at the airport x 2 bags = £120.00.
    Therefore a consequent loss on the scheduled airfare of £30.00:(
    When I pointed out to their staff member that had I been given the opportunity of checking in online I would have done so I was advised to refer to their TERMS & CONDITIONS.
    Thank you Flybe for being utterley unhelpful and being completely customer unfriendly.
    So, by all means take advantage of Flybe's generosity but beware because there is no such thing as a "free" Flybe flight.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The taxes alone on Flybe flights are generally more than you can pay Ryanair including fare plus taxes. I guess the flight voucher is good for those who can't use airports Ryanair fly from, or want to fly at an expensive time of year (not that there's much chance of availability!), but it's a dreadful offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure