Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 12 May 2009 at 1:36PM in Boost your income
What’s this about? Willing to give your view on the Labour Party, answer questions about your sex life, or test out the latest moisturiser? If so, it’s possible to earn £100s a year, without any special skill or talent. It’s all about stashing cash from filling in online surveys or taking part in focus groups.

The first point of call is read the full Survey Stashing guide.
Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

Valued Opinions

If you want to discuss survey sites in general please go to the Survey Stashing Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Survey Site Discussions

Comments

• nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Let me start off!

I have been with Valued Opinions for over 18 months, and on average I get a £10 Waitrose voucher from them every 6 weeks or so.

You do get screened out after a few questions (and very occasionly you get screened out after 10 minutes or so) but they usually let you know quite soon if this happens.

However, a couple of weeks ago I decided to stop using Valued Opinions, because the amount of technical errors I receive on the site has been increasing. In recent weeks the number of times I completed a survey only to be hit with an error message (and therefore not receive my rewards) is increasing. I personally believe that technical errors on a survey are completely unacceptable considering that Valued Opinions is a survey site and only a survey site.

Examples:
    • I receive the page "This page cannot be displayed"
    • I find a button partway through the survey which is inexplicably greyed out (and therefore can't progress any further)
    • I get some other cryptic error message
    Well I left VO half because of the technical errors and half because I'm trying to have more of a social life these days :D

Overall, they are good though, and I would recommend them to others.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • I have tried twice to join VO, but both times the website will not load and just hangs without recording my details. I haven't got as far as a survey yet!! I have given up.
  • cootambear
    cootambear Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    getting a little tired with them, last 4x after numerous question, told I do not qualify for the survey :(
    Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2 = 4 (George Orwell, 1984).

(I desire) ‘a great production that will supply all, and more than all the people can consume’,

(Sylvia Pankhurst).
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    One of my favourites. Receive plenty of surveys, completing a daily drinks diary which is worth approximately £25. Their surveys pay well and the value is updated to the account immediately, under 'Pending'. Rarely kicked off a survey once started and when I am it's usually within a couple of pages.

Large choice of vouchers, redeemable at £10 and they usually arrive within 2/4 weeks.

Can't say fairer than that ...............
  • kell.b
    kell.b Posts: 240 Forumite
    I love Valued Opinions. I receive a high number of surveys from them and have claimed 3 vouchers from them and I am currently doing the daily drinks diary, which I think is a great way to earn some money for about 5 mins 'work' every day.
    These are one site I will definately stick with and recommend to everyone
  • ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    I have been doing surveys for Valued Opinion for about 2 years and as others have said, sometimes you get screened out either early on (fair enough) or after you have answered loads of questions (grrr!).

On the whole, though, I think they are one of the better sites although I always keep a copy of any surveys I have completed in a folder in my email until I have been paid as in the past I noticed a few times that surveys which were pending, "disappeared".......however this has not been happening since I emailed complaining some time ago!

So all in all I would recommend.
  • stressedaah30
    stressedaah30 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    still waiting to hear from them where they added £1 fro a survey that said £1.50 in email invite
    still one of my faves will be due another voucher when all pending are credited and will still have £2 towards next
    thats £20 of vouchers in 3 months best ratio i got
    JAN WINS- pepsi tshirt,
  • dippykitty
    dippykitty Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    I've been with them since the start of the year and have redeemed two £10 Boots vouchers so far. I've just done the Cadbury's Clusters survey over 14 days, for which I will get £10 at the end of it, and am 3/4 of the way to another redemption after that. I qualify for most of the surveys that I'm invited to, although I do get screened out of some. This usually happens within 3-4 minutes of starting the survey so I know fairly quickly whether I'm going to be eligible or not. All in all, I thoroughly recommend VO as I've had good experiences with them so far.
    ISA savings: £25,139 Other Savings: £1750 (tied up in bond)
  • Xaviera
    Xaviera Posts: 286 Forumite
    I hardly get any from VO!
  • deadleg21
    deadleg21 Posts: 136 Forumite
    im worried i will get kicked off survey and get nothing.
    Im currently doing the national lottery diary - which is 16 weeks long for £15. However it says you can only ay no a certain number of times. even in the early survey i said i played about 3 times a year, so i have had alot of no replies to have you played this week?
    i will be annoyed if i get nothing!

Edit: any1 else do recent alcohol survey for £2.00 and not had it track??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure