PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Quick Questions on ANYTHING Old Style 3 (See first post for links to other threads)

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3375668&highlight=rubber+chicken

there you go :)

EDIT- i think a lot of it is personal to your circumstances. 1 chicken lasts me and my 2 older kids 3 meals; a roast, a curry and a stir fry. normally some left over for sandwiches too.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Here you go:

Laundry Gloop - Gloopy Thread !!!

Ironing Water

And this sticky thread from the front page of Old Style is a great step by step guide to the search function on MSE which should help:

I searched but couldn't find anything

Pink
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've used shampoo to do laundry, or shower gel (bubble bath bubbles too much!)

You don't need a lot :)
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have enough left overs from out Sunday Lunch for an entire meal. I know that this can be put on a plate and frozen, but any tips (shoud meat and veg be frozen seperately for example, defrosting). Most importantly does it actually taste fine on defrosting adn re-heating?
    Trying to keep in budget.

• Butter question.
    Do you have to keep butter in the fridge? I have just bought a lovely butter dish so do I keep the butter in the dish in the fridge? How long can the butter stay out of the fridge without spoiling?
    Thanks very much,
    You would think at 45 I would know about butter!!
    Started comping February 2012
    Wins so far:
    Mascara, dry shampoo, chocolates, Loreal Elvive goody bag.Pot noodle fork , maggi mix, couscous,
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    henmuffin wrote: »
    Butter question.
    Do you have to keep butter in the fridge? I have just bought a lovely butter dish so do I keep the butter in the dish in the fridge? How long can the butter stay out of the fridge without spoiling?
    Thanks very much,
    You would think at 45 I would know about butter!!
    My mother and my mother-in-law both keep butter out of the fridge all the time (and they're in their 80s so clearly it's not fatal to do so!)

No point keeping the butter dish in the fridge because a) no-one will be able to see it and b) you'll never be able to spread the butter!

As for how long it can stay out without spoiling, that depends on the room temperature and how well insulated your butter dish is: if you keep it in the sun then it can melt in the summer: it will remain usable but will look 'wrong'.

Why not put half a block of butter in the butter dish, or even a quarter, and experiment? I'm sure you'll be safe at this time of year.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Dollardog
    Dollardog Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My fridge stopped working a few years back so I don't keep my butter in the fridge and it keeps ok as long as it doesn't get too hot - then I put it in the cellar. I didn't used to keep it in the fridge anyway because its oo hard to spread.
    A friend of mine does what someone else suggested, she halves a pack of butter and just has half a pack out in a butter dish and the rest in the fridge.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    I do the same when I make some butter. Keep some in the fridge, and keep about 1/4 out in a butter dish for using. As said above, it completely depends on the temp in the room.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Thanks for the replies. The butter dish is now on proud display on my work top!
    Started comping February 2012
    Wins so far:
    Mascara, dry shampoo, chocolates, Loreal Elvive goody bag.Pot noodle fork , maggi mix, couscous,
  • zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ladies, having a little pregnancy panic, wondered what you think. I'm supposed to be having lasange that I'd had frozen in the freezer. I made it before I was pg with Quark and tesco low fat cream cheese but I can't tell if
    A) they're pasteurized and
    B) If they'll be ok after being frozen.

Other option is a McDonalds and I've not been that healthy recently so I want the lasange to work!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure