PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 September 2016 at 9:27AM
    I don't understand why they would do that. From the look of the terrace area, they have built a communal first floor level platform over the top of the space where the gardens/back yards would be. But the ground floor doesn't look like it's been extended to fill that space underneath so there must just be an empty cavern under there which is odd.
    Maybe it looks better in reality but I can't quite get my head around it.

Edit: I also HATE the wetroom. The floor would get wet when you have a shower and after that you wouldn't be able to go to the loo without getting wet socks.

There is a communal driveway and carports under the first floor platform so you can drive to your house. So, parking's secure and off-road and overlooked by houses. The gardens are like roof gardens and are raised so you can overlook them while you're in the kitchen etc. I think.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • Mallotum_X wrote: »

Truly hideous :eek:
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Mallotum_X wrote: »

Oh my word! Every room is so different from the next you'd get whiplash going through each doorway. Those mirrors though, they're vile. *shudder*
  • Cakeguts wrote: »
    I wonder if that extension has planning permission? It is behind the garage have people been renting it?
    Yes it has: 79/00924/FUL granted by Luton Council. What made you think it might not have been?

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    I wonder if that extension has planning permission? It is behind the garage have people been renting it?
    No, it's mostly a playroom:
    Side Extension - Play Room

33' 11'' x 8' 9'' (10.35m x 2.69m)

Luton is famous for it's outhouses and playrooms. ;)
  • If you've ever wanted to go up to the kitchen and down to bed or to feel like you're sleeping in a garage with a window:

'UNUSUAL TOPSY TURVY HOUSE! ** With a light and airy first floor providing open plan living room and modern kitchen and two bedrooms and a LUXURY bathroom to the ground floor! HAS TO BE SEEN!'

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42102033.html

Pic 5 really hurts my eyes!
  • Leven
    Leven Posts: 96 Forumite
    Pic 3 - what the piggin' hell is that supposed to mean and what is the point of it?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61122671.html
  • Leven, my phone won't let me quote but your post had me crying with laughter, not sure if it was the tone of your post or the offending item itself but after feeling ill all day today I really needed that!
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    edited 22 September 2016 at 10:44PM
    Leven wrote: »
    Pic 3 - what the piggin' hell is that supposed to mean and what is the point of it?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61122671.html

Hamatreya
    Leven, my phone won't let me quote but your post had me crying with laughter, not sure if it was the tone of your post or the offending item itself but after feeling ill all day today I really needed that!

:rotfl::rotfl:

29vdvr9.jpg
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I must make sure I get one of those when I sell a house. Putting it in one of the photos obviously helps the buyers to decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure