Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Beatle Ray
    • By Beatle Ray 12th Feb 18, 12:20 PM
    • 144Posts
    • 38Thanks
    Beatle Ray
    How is holiday pay calculated in redundancy
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:20 PM
    How is holiday pay calculated in redundancy 12th Feb 18 at 12:20 PM
    Hello,

The prospect of redundancy is once again upon us, last time this was possible was end of last year but I just wondered how the holiday pay would be calculated at the beginning of the year, we are given 20 paid holiday days a year, would that mean 1.5 days a month?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Diamandis
    • By Diamandis 12th Feb 18, 1:14 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Diamandis
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:14 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 1:14 PM
    You can calculate holiday entitlement here: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement

I assume it's 20 days plus 8 bank holidays?
    • Peelerfart
    • By Peelerfart 12th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    • 1,868 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    Peelerfart
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    I was paid on the number of days I'd earned, eg 1.5 per month, minus what I had taken.
    So Jan to Dec, 27 days holiday pa, finished end of June, earned 13.5, 10 taken, paid 3.5.
    I suspect each company do things differently, as long as they stay within the law of course.
    Space available for rent
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

1,695Users online

Martin's Twitter