Santander banking app

It amazes me how bad some banking apps and online services are. Fun y enough, the best one I have come across is Tesco! Bloody Tesco have better online banking than all the actual banks.

Anyway I am looking to switch to Santander soon to take advantage of their cashback incentives as I have a mortgage with them but wanted to know more about how their app works.

Mainly, can you see pending payments and do you need a card reader?

Comments

• NoMore
    NoMore Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yes to pending payments and you don't need a card reader.

Caveat: I only just found the pending payments section on app and have never used it before, its currently empty for me so I'm not sure how up to date it ever is.
  • Rola_cola
    Rola_cola Posts: 9 Forumite
    There is a tab for pending payments but I've never seen anything in there - I've used the app for a couple of years
  • Pending payments in Santander means post-dated BACS transfers. As far as I know, Santander will only show pending authorisations for credit cards, not debit cards. For credit cards, at the bottom of the transaction list, there's a link for recently authorised transactions.

Tesco is also the best app I've seen. Santander's personal app is actually pretty good. Their business app hasn't been updated in many years.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    This isn't something which usually interests me as I keep my own record.

However, about 15 minutes ago I made a debit card payment in excess of £2k. I've just checked and the detail doesn't show in the pending payments section of the app, but the available balance correctly reflects it.
  • The iPhone app still doesn't have Touch ID.
  • You can set up new payees directly on the App. No need to go online.
    Ethical moneysaver
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    This is a fairly recent addition. About time too
  • Sean473
    Sean473 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The iPhone app still doesn't have Touch ID.

Yes, that is indeed irritating but the app has much more functionality and usability then before. In fact, it would be one of the best mobile banking apps for me if they add Touch ID!
  • Santander seem to have released a new app called 'Flite'. It supports touch ID!

You'll need to uninstall the personal banking app first. In my opinion the Flite app is better designed than the personal banking app. I'm not sure why there are now two apps, or what happened to their voice banking app. What a confusing mess.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I don't tend to do much banking via app but this thread tempted me to download the Santander one (standard not Flite as it was unclear if Flite was only intended for Fingerprint recognition logging in), and I have to say that as of my first exploration of it, it seems very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure