CRB check question

Comments

• astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Hi
    What did you end up doing?
    I've got a criminal record and in my application I disclosed my 2 convictions and one caution and have still been offered an interview with the NHS so IMO honesty is the best policy :)
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • sarebear_2
    sarebear_2 Posts: 186 Forumite
    does anyone know if cautions show on a crb check ? it was 8 years ago for shoplifting. which my i point out was a total accident ! but stupidly i admitted to it , as yes i had gone out of the store without paying for it, but it was due to the fact i had a call on my mobile to say my son had been rushed into hospital and i dashed out of the store forgetting i had a dvd in my hands !
    so i admitted to it ,as they decided to call the police and as you can imagine i just wanted to get to the hospital to my son. had to go down the station a week later and was given a caution, but the officer told me that it didn't actually mean i had a criminal record ! that is where i am confused. will it show or not ?:confused:
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    If it was a formal caution then yes it will show on an enhanced CRB, well mine does and it was 9 years ago.
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    I was told to declare anything and everything, if it came up and hadn't been disclosed then there was no way the NHS would employ you but if you had declared it then it may be disregarded, bt if you hadn't declared it they'd consider you had lied on your application
  • i disclosed a common assault conviction on my first CRB in 2004 and it showed up but i have had my CRB updated last year and it does not appear at all. i was convicted in 2002 so 5 years later and it was removed.???????
    DFW red and green member
    Doing my best to lose weight and save money
  • Hi

Briefly had an altercation in 2000 and received a caution for actual bodily harm

Issue.. On the charge sheet (official caution note)the police recorded my dob incorrectly and place of birth (this throu assumption as i have a strong accent but not necessarily born in that country!) i idnt notice this till much later as i was glad to get outta the station

Is this caution valid as the information is incorrect and if not how do i get it removed

Can i challenge it if it appears on my CRB enhanced

Also they have taken DNA and used the same data..

thx in advance
  • sheff_lass
    sheff_lass Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 June 2009 at 11:56PM
    hi, i got offered a post as a healthcare technicion 2 weeks ago and at the time had no criminal record, i recently got arrested and given a caution, does anyone know if this will affect my job offer?
  • it will be in the blood bank department mainly admin like keeping records and labelling samples
  • Hi,

I am awaiting a crb to come back for a support worker role with adults in mental health. Back in feb i had a fight with my partner and the police were called.I was asked to go to police station but was not arrested or anything so no charges or cautions but the officer said he would have to make a note of it incase it happens again.

Does anyone know if this will show and if it will prevent me from geting the job??

I didnt disclose this as it said on the form an cautions or convictions and i dont have any of them.

Im really worried as really want this job.
  • David_Brent
    David_Brent Posts: 697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If a drink drive conviction I would just mention it to the NHS. I used to be contracted to the NHS and told them of my convictions - Drink drive/Dangerous drive (somthing I did when I was younger). They won't hold it against you at interview as everyone knows people make mistakes thats life..! I got the job and it was not a problem I also worked through social services(which check everything - quite rightly) and declared my convictions and got the job! Good luck with it!
    !"£$%^&*()
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport