how much have you saved

maybe it's cause the sun is shinning the birds are singing and i'm just having a fantastic day today ..but i was thinking (a bit of a rarity for me) how much money have made since i found out about this great forum ...so here goes ..firstly tax man (i enjoyed claiming back from him) i claimed back over payment of tax and petrol allowances (thanks to this site) total £1250 endowment claim(todays great news) £2352 and not fogetting my bounty free rolls approx £1.50 i only joined in june and so far have made a massive inroads to my £16k plus debt ..this is money i would never have gotten without this site and everyones help and support ..it's like earning an extra wage ...so i just wanted to thank you all again from the bottom of my heart ...and was wondering if any one else would love to share their stories of how much they have made since coming on here and listening to the advice available...

Comments

• At a rough guess around £1,500. With the accounts paid off bill reductions maybe £750 a year shaved off bills, so not bad.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• elantan great savings there :T well done woohoo.gif

i havent actually saved money as i am young and havent got all the adult things to do :rotfl: but i have made money through quidco, made money selling more on ebay, making pigsback points, got debt-free, have about 4 different savings account for various things, have home insurance (didnt before), saving money as i am cycling to work, have an even stricter budget for myself, learned loads of stuff for my future finances.... oh and i now know all of you hug8ok.gif now if this sites done all this for me.... imagine what it can do for all you 'adults'..... its great isnt it b7ydance.gif
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    posting always posting quidco is still beyond me i need someone to sit next to me and show me it one step at a time ...it's great you are debt free at moment ..can't wait till i join you ..broken hearted that's a great amount aint it ...i'm slowly learning how to budget better and i hate paying too much for bills if i can avoid it ...
  • elantan wrote:
    posting always posting quidco is still beyond me i need someone to sit next to me and show me it one step at a time ...it's great you are debt free at moment ..

hi elantan, i didnt get it at first but i registerd and pondered around the site and its quite simple, the only thing is (unlike pigsback) you have to spend a small amount to get a (i think) good profit back, as you can see from my sig thats how much i have 'made' in that small amount of time and i have only spent £25 not bad hey :)

the debt free thing, it was thanks to this lot really and parting with something i loved but didnt need/use, i have also learnt that you dont need things no matter how much you want them :rotfl: and that was an eye opener for me, also now i plan/save for things whereas i just let them happen before, i must say this site has changed my financal life :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure