Setting up bank account through Quidco

I am planning to claim back all my bank charges but as recommended am trying to set up a spare bank account just in case. The only 2 I can see on Quidco are Cahoot and Alliance and Leicester who both needs a minimum deposit each month. Is it possible to set up a Natwest Step account or Co-op basic account through Quidco or would I be better going to their sites direct.

Huge thanks, still getting used to all these sites to help earn som extra money.:o

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    you cant, no.

First direct also used to do bank accounts as well - they pay 45.00. they said they wanted a minium deposit, but we closed it after a few months and got the 45 quid

Inrthegreen, is your credit rating so poor you HAVE to have a step account?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • no I don't have to but I don't want to slip into bad habits, I work better on a cash basis and don't want any kind of card as thats where I end up slipping up. This will just be a back up in case when I claim the charges back the bank tell me to take a hike once they've paid up.

Is there a better bank account as a back up I should be looking at?
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Step accounts can be pretty limited.

ie some dont allow diret debits, and i dont think any of them havbe a delta/switch card, so buying things over the internet can be impossible, thats what people on here say.

Saying that though I dont have one, so I dont know, but I wouldnt surrender my flexibility unless I absooutely had to

You can easily ask for a bank account without an overdraft if thats what you are worried about :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • can I get a bank account that can just sit there on standby without having a set amount going in every month though?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure