Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• mrsbigz
    mrsbigz Posts: 30 Forumite
    Laura our timeline is below;
    29/7 formal application made after offer (finally) accepted
    29/7 text to say offer received
    30/7 text to say valuation arranged for 3/8
    5/8 text to say valuation report received
    That's the last text we've had from nationwide. Since then thru it broker they've queried our payslips (which we responded to) reduced the amount they said they'd lend us in the dip by 3k, we've accepted that then it went back to the case handler.
    Thought that would be plain sailing but now today they've requested more info (bank statements to confirm we have funds to pay off c card, reconfirmation of other balances (all sent back to them via broker within 1/2 hour!!!!)
    Msg from broker at end if today to say she's chased them again, it's back with the case handler and we should hear something by close of business tomorrow.
    When I tweeted nationwide they 'weren't aware' of any delays in that dept.... Have no nails left, starting on the hair pulling and rocking in my chair now 😵
  • LauraH28
    LauraH28 Posts: 87 Forumite
    I'd be sat in a corner with a bottle of vodka by now. Here was me thinking we got offer straight after val. Our extra docs were sent last week. Val Friday.
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sounds like everyone is having a nerve racking time. Still in limbo waiting for our valuation.

Hoping we get an answer quickly after.
  • Our Halifax full application was submitted last Wednesday afternoon, apparently they have contacted the broker asking a few queries yesterday, then more regarding a couple of defaults I have today.
    Really hoping for positive news before the end of the week ������
  • LauraH28
    Mine was submitted 5th August. All docs cleared. Waiting on valuation which is Friday. Have u had a valuation scheduled yet ?
  • JamesN
    edited 19 August 2015 at 11:05PM
    i gave a very brief timeline before so updating it now in case it helps anyone.

Mortgage application is with Nationwide through a broker.

1st August - saw property
    2nd August - reserved property (new build)
    5th August - dip with nationwide
    7th August - htb app submitted
    11th August - htb authority to proceed given
    12th August - mortgage application submitted
    17th August - query on form (put plot number instead of house number) sent back within the hour
    18th August - valuation scheduled for 21st August
  • JamesN
    Does anyone have any idea what happens with the CashBack for nationwide, like how it gets paid etc.
  • Hey! No valuation date yet, I really hope this is the next bit of news we get!
    They took the fee on applivation, and my broker thinks we should hear before the end of the week. Did you go through a broker?

My timeline so far!
    AIP with Halifax- 7th Aug
    Saw house, fell in love, offered and accepted - 8th Aug
    Full application submitted - 12th Aug
    Few queries asked- 18th Aug
    .... Now the wait continues! Fingers crossed
  • LauraH28
    JamesN wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what happens with the CashBack for nationwide, like how it gets paid etc.
    Don't quote me on it but I've Hurd its up to 2 weeks after completion
  • LauraH28
    MissFTB wrote: »
    Hey! No valuation date yet, I really hope this is the next bit of news we get!
    They took the fee on applivation, and my broker thinks we should hear before the end of the week. Did you go through a broker?

My timeline so far!
    AIP with Halifax- 7th Aug
    Saw house, fell in love, offered and accepted - 8th Aug
    Full application submitted - 12th Aug
    Few queries asked- 18th Aug
    .... Now the wait continues! Fingers crossed
    Hey Hun!!! Yeah we used a broker. Our time line is::
    View house 29th July.
    Contacted broker 1/08 : DIP in minutes
    Offer on house that afternoon. Offer declined.
    02/08 offer again 2k higher. Offer accepted.
    3/08 instruct solicitor
    4/08 get all forms together ready for application.
    5/08 broker submits application. Text that pm from nationwide to say application recived.
    06/08 text from nationwide valuation rescheduled (didn't know it was scheduled)
    07/08 application with underweighter wants to know about child benefit. Letter sent off scan/email on
    10/08.
    17/08 valuation text. Scheduled for Friday 21st. Quick phone all to broker who is certain we should be fine and have an offer Friday pm or sat am. Although I'm not holding my breath. All solicitors searches are back. Deposit is ready to transfer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback