Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Comments

• Great news about some extra hours :T I hope it comes to fruition for you :D

I was going to do the £2 pot thing but I also have the same problem, I pay for most things with my card or PP (if online) coming straight from my bank so I often don't have very much cash....so I gave up on that idea pretty quickly :p !
    MFW #17
    EF- £55.75/300 ~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET 0/£500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Fingers crossed the extra hours become available for you.

Take care pwps.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Afternoon Diary,

Wow I am absolutely shattered today! Ive done an extra 2 hours this week at work but didnt work Monday and im totally wiped out! Should have been doing the housework this afternoon but I just cant be bothered!!

Anyway what to report! Had an email from SP saying my DD is remaining the same which is good, they obviously know its at a good level for us.
    Had an email from Mr S's last night offering me free delivery and £10 off! Thank you very much il use that for my next big shop!!
    Ive just done my park order for vouchers, ordered L2S and Amazon.

Pennywise and DFW, thanks for my good wishes about the hours, fingers crossed!! Re the £2 coins im still stuck on 1 haha, every little helps I suppose.

Nothing much more to report, just glad its Friday as I am tired! Have got one of the garlic chicken cooking bags to do for tea, along with roast potatoes and veg.
    Weve not got much planned for the weekend but that doesnt mean we wont end up doing something!

Hope everyones ok x
    Mummytogirls x

• Hi Mummy I hope you had a good weekend :) xx
    MFW #17
    EF- £55.75/300 ~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET 0/£500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Hope you had a nice weekend x
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • mummytogirls
    Hello Diary,

Just popping in for a very quick post as ive got a date with the ironing board :cool:!!!

Had a lovely weekend DFW and DFOD thank you, hope you guys did too.

Only things I wanted to report were that I got my 2nd £2 coin today and ive just rounded down the accounts and my figure now stands at £4.24!

Will catch up properly tomorrow xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hi Mummy,

I collect £2's and its amazing how quick they add up, even if you don't get them very often. I often find you get a few at once and then nothing for ages.

xx
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
  • mummytogirls
    Hello Diary,

Wow what a week its been! Weve had a new head start at the beginning of January and im really struggling to leave work on time. I do get paid overtime for any extra but my housework is really falling behind as a result. Didnt leave until 2pm yesterday! Anyway I suppose its all good.

So what to report! Its been DDs birthday this week, she had a nice day and its her party tomorrow. Had the car in the garage this morning having a new starter motor fitted :(. £100 later ive got my car back. It was fine yesterday, DH brought it in the driveway last night and tried to turn it on straight after bringing it in and there was nothing there. Rung the AA but I dont have homestart and they were going to charge £70 just to come out :eek:! So I rang my own mechanic, he was luckily in the area and was here within 20 mins.. thats service for you isnt it?! He only charged me £100 to supply and fit and I suppose the call out aswell, really cant complain. This totally highlights to me that we need an emergency fund but everytime we try and start saving something like this happens so we cant win! Bloody cars cant live with them but cant do without them!

So ive had 2 hours a week overtime approved for my new role until April. This is when the new budget year starts and we will up it from there on in. With all the extra I stay il probably be doing about 4 hours extra a week!

Yesterday was NSD7 and I probably wont have another one until Monday now as weve got DDs party to pay for tomorrow and the kids behaviour treat at the coop on Sunday.

Nothing else much to report! Will try catch up with diaries over weekend, just having a manic time at the moment!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Glad DD had a good birthday, hope the party goes well tomorrow. It's DS2's on Sunday so I sympathise with the manic time comment!! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Afternoon diary,

Well DD's party went well, 2 didnt turn up but thats 2 less to pay for if they cant be bothered to come along! One did let me know but the other one didnt!

Anyway DH is in a massive mood today, it started last night when he couldnt get the icing for the cake right and its continued into today. He reckons its me going on at him but hes just so miserable at times I could slap him! Hes just stormed upstairs, well good the less I have to see his miserable face today the better!
    DD got some lovely presents about £30 in money and £35 in gift vouchers! She will be very happy spending that im sure.

Im not feeling like cooking tonight so I think I will order a takeaway, If DH doesnt snap out of his mood I wont be ordering him anything :rotfl:.

Dont think ive anything else to report anyway! xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family