Best Platform for Cryptocurrencies?

Options

Comments

• Bonnie151
    Bonnie151 Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am behind too! It possibly should be reddit/Coinbase?

Reddit is a discussion forum so Google reddit and once in reddit search for Coinbase and the forum will come up. You don’t need to subscribe to view the threads.

It’s a bit of a weird set up and takes some getting used to, I find.
    Hmmmm, need new siggie :cool:
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 10 January 2018 at 5:47PM
    Options
    ivormonee wrote: »
    What's a coinbase reddit? (I'm really behind on all this modern jargon!)

IMHO, it's yet another sheeple retail investor site that I'd avoid like the plague. Do your own research, and, OK, this site may be worth looking at to get an idea where the stupid money is going, to maybe go in the opposite direction, but, personally I won't be taking any advice from there myself! :p
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • Bonnie151
    Options
    IMHO, it's yet another sheeple retail investor site that I'd avoid like the plague. Do your own research, and, OK, this site may be worth looking at to get an idea where the stupid money is going, to maybe go in the opposite direction, but, personally I won't be taking any advice from there myself! :p

That’s not what I was saying at all. I’m not recommending reddit as a place to decide which cryptos to buy. I’m saying to look at the Coinbase reddit because quite a lot of Coinbase users are having very bad problems withdrawing their funds and I thought it might be useful for the OP to see the level/types of complaints in case they were thinking of using Coinbase. (I’ve used Coinbase without any problems but am aware that some others have had problems)
  • worldtraveller
    Options
    Bonnie151 wrote: »
    That’s not what I was saying at all. I’m not recommending reddit as a place to decide which cryptos to buy. I’m saying to look at the Coinbase reddit because quite a lot of Coinbase users are having very bad problems withdrawing their funds and I thought it might be useful for the OP to see the level/types of complaints in case they were thinking of using Coinbase. (I’ve used Coinbase without any problems but am aware that some others have had problems)

That's not what I was saying, you were saying at all, either. :)
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • Bonnie151
    Options
    That's not what I was saying, you were saying at all, either. :)

:D

Actually, if anyone wants to get away from the madness of crypto, I would recommend the Dogecoin reddit. Absolutely not trying to flog Doge! However, reading the doge community threads cheers me up. Such Happy shibes! Much wow!
  • ivormonee
    ivormonee Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bonnie151 wrote: »

Actually, if anyone wants to get away from the madness of crypto, I would recommend the Dogecoin reddit. Absolutely not trying to flog Doge! However, reading the doge community threads cheers me up. Such Happy shibes! Much wow!

Wow. Much post. Very love.
  • ivormonee
    ivormonee Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can actually get some free dogecoins I discovered earlier but not sure if I'm allowed to post a referral link so you'll have to search online yourselves if interested.
  • worldtraveller
    Options
    The one I always remember from my economics courses was the South Sea Bubble (1720).

As I posted recently on one of the investment forums, we've seen the phase where it's been pumped up by the big investors and their media mates, and we've seen the foolish, gullible, retail investors, who have subsequently got into the "get rich quick", latest, "fools gold" at, or near, the peak.

The problem is when the last person holding the baby loses their shirt, along with the other fools who got in at, or near the peak! It's very much like "pass the parcel" and who is left with the last wrapping, but, in this case, it's who is first to lose their !!!!.

Would I get involved? Yes, maybe, but, as a contrarian investor, for decades now, it would probably be when the price totally tanks, and most previous investors are left squirming over their losses!

630897dd51c97e88303a2406ef2db46d.jpg
  • worldtraveller
    edited 11 January 2018 at 12:39PM
    Options
    A chart of Bitcoin price in USD over the past 1 year.

Hmmm....Interesting. :)

http://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/BTC-USD
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Maybe I'm getting old but the cryptocurrency boom reminds me of The Tulip Bubble, it burst and lots of people lost everything. Be careful.
    I don't think anyone has ever mentioned tulips on a cryptocurrency thread before :T
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure