All Boxed Up beauty products promotions

Options

Comments

• sn1987a
    sn1987a Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I didn't get one this time but I got two different mystery boxes last time they had some. The boxes were themed I think by colour and the price was different, so buying two different ones I thought I would receive different items. I was dissapointed as I got items sold in the latest boxes which I felt they couldn't sell otherwise and I got a couple of repetitions in both boxes. I know that things may have changed and I hope I am wrong!

I am curious to see what people received!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've always thought these bundle-type mystery boxes where you have little or zero idea of what is going to arrive is just about their getting rid of all the odds and ends they could not get rid of. I know it's a negative and cynical way of looking at it and that there could be other reasons for the left over stock (eg not enough to go around in new orders so held back..etc) but I can't help thinking I'm more often right when I read back on others reports here. I hope those that did order get what they want and hope not as many people are disappointed this time.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,672 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    I've always thought these bundle-type mystery boxes where you have little or zero idea of what is going to arrive is just about their getting rid of all the odds and ends they could not get rid of.

I think you're spot on with that analysis!
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • malebolge
    malebolge Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    I've always thought these bundle-type mystery boxes where you have little or zero idea of what is going to arrive is just about their getting rid of all the odds and ends they could not get rid of.
    I totally understand your point, and I also appreciate that what one person likes, another doesn't, but I sometimes get them just for the surprise and have always found that if there's something I don't like, I can pass them on. I ordered a £19.99 mystery box a few weeks ago and it arrived today. I got: a huge 1000ml Pecksniffs lavender & white tea moisturising shower gel, time bomb hand cream, senspa eye cream, 2 x Leighton Denny nail varnishes (mink & beige) and zelens lip glaze (rouge). I'll use everything except the lip glaze - too red for me - but I know exactly who will appreciate it. It's a good quality brand I've bought before. So all in all I'm happy. I know any mystery bundle will be a gamble, so anyone not prepared to risk it shouldn't order. I don't think the things in the bundles are hard-to-shift though; they're all products currently on sale, nothing discontinued, and all from good brands.
  • doinkthemonkee
    Options
    Flygal wrote: »
    Has anyone tried one of their Easter mystery boxes? what did you get? Was thinking of getting one.

I got 2 nails inc polishes, some self tan (won't ever use) & some false eyelashes. Don't quite see the £45 worth myself.
    when life gives you lemons, stick them in your top & pretend you have pointy boobs.
    When life gives you melons, stick them in your top & say you've had a boob job :)
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got 2 nails inc polishes, some self tan (won't ever use) & some false eyelashes. Don't quite see the £45 worth myself.

Sounds like end of line tat which is ideal for those who like wasting money!! Sorry you didn't get fare better - having read your post I now won't be ordering...so thank you.
  • doinkthemonkee
    Options
    Pun wrote: »
    Sounds like end of line tat which is ideal for those who like wasting money!! Sorry you didn't get fare better - having read your post I now won't be ordering...so thank you.

lol I know what you mean. I'm not keen on wasting money, but I thought I would give it a punt at £10. If it had been just a little better then I might have considered ordering again, but nah. I guess a £10 spend has saved me from a more expensive disappointment lol x
    when life gives you lemons, stick them in your top & pretend you have pointy boobs.
    When life gives you melons, stick them in your top & say you've had a boob job :)
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    lol I know what you mean. I'm not keen on wasting money, but I thought I would give it a punt at £10. If it had been just a little better then I might have considered ordering again, but nah. I guess a £10 spend has saved me from a more expensive disappointment lol x

I over-rode my suspicions/sense, and ordered the £9.99 box. What cheek! A cheap and nasty make-up bag, a nail polish, a cracker filler sized pot of sparkles, and, best of all, a small bag of cotton wool discs.

I have been happy with a couple of their large collections, but this has confirmed my doubts about mystery boxes. Straight to the charity shop with this lot.
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    wendym wrote: »
    I over-rode my suspicions/sense, and ordered the £9.99 box. What cheek! A cheap and nasty make-up bag, a nail polish, a cracker filler sized pot of sparkles, and, best of all, a small bag of cotton wool discs.

I have been happy with a couple of their large collections, but this has confirmed my doubts about mystery boxes. Straight to the charity shop with this lot.

Why not send it back to them? OK, you have to pay return postage, but you'll still be £7+ to the good...
  • Silver_Charm
    Options
    This is a bargain for Time Bomb products and perfectly timed for end of summer skin help!

I have read good reviews of the Over-Exposed which is fairly new and love the Powerball Moisturiser. If Lulu can use it, so can I.

The collection includes:
    OVER-EXPOSED Sun Damage Rescue / 70ml / RRP: £70.00
    COMPLEXION COCKTAIL with a shot of H2Omega / 100ml / RRP: £24.50

POWERBALL Intensive Moisturiser / 45 ml / RRP £36.00
    and you get a free:
    MINI TAKE OFF TIME CLEANSER WORTH £5.50!

http://allboxedupco.myshopwired.com/timebomb-bank-holiday-special
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport