LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam

Comments

• Hello i had received a package today from them too including an invoice 1 pack of QUICKMAX eyelash serum about 70sgd.
    But i didnt received any email from them.
    Any updates anyone here in Singapore?
    Thanks
  • icebabyx86
    icebabyx86 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 12 April 2017 at 7:57AM
    Happened to me too, I filled in my details and it was send to me. Received 2 letters with 2 late payment notice. They refuse to pay the postage to ship the item but I shipped it back anyway. Acknowledge receive the item but now saying that its pass 14 days return policy despite their email saying we can utilize 90 days dissatisfaction guarantee. I'm from Malaysia. Someone should destroy their company in Denmark before they con everyone from every corner of the world.

So either way you are doomed because they still want money from you. Anyone in Denmark pls report them to higher authority.

I have receive a reply:
    We have received your return shipment but it has been rejected by our warehouse.
    The returned items were not sent back to us within our return period and/or has been used, without properly registering the return through the customer portal.

For this reason, we are unable to issue a refund or credit your invoice.

Please access the customer portal to make a payment if you have not made on yet. Follow the on-screen instructions to pay your invoice and avoid late fees. You can pay with either PayPal or Credit Card.

You can find your personal login link/URL in the order confirmation that was sent to your e-mail.

Note: We do not accept payments through a cheque or money order.
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    icebabyx86 wrote: »
    Happened to me too, I filled in my details and it was send to me. Received 2 letters with 2 late payment notice. They refuse to pay the postage to ship the item but I shipped it back anyway. Acknowledge receive the item but now saying that its pass 14 days return policy despite their email saying we can utilize 90 days dissatisfaction guarantee. I'm from Malaysia. Someone should destroy their company in Denmark before they con everyone from every corner of the world.

So either way you are doomed because they still want money from you. Anyone in Denmark pls report them to higher authority.

I have receive a reply:
    We have received your return shipment but it has been rejected by our warehouse.
    The returned items were not sent back to us within our return period and/or has been used, without properly registering the return through the customer portal.

For this reason, we are unable to issue a refund or credit your invoice.

Please access the customer portal to make a payment if you have not made on yet. Follow the on-screen instructions to pay your invoice and avoid late fees. You can pay with either PayPal or Credit Card.

You can find your personal login link/URL in the order confirmation that was sent to your e-mail.

Note: We do not accept payments through a cheque or money order.

Why not just ignore them?

Regardless of where you live I doubt that a company (especially a foreign one) can demand you pay to return something you never ordered.
  • I would love to ignore them but also worrying about a 3rd party debt collector.
  • naedanger
    Forumite
    icebabyx86 wrote: »
    I would love to ignore them but also worrying about a 3rd party debt collector.

There is no debt. (If I send you some rubbish and say you need to pay me $1000 for it that does not actually mean there is a debt that can be enforced. Otherwise there would be a lot more disreputable people following this practice.)

If you are concerned then follow the suggestion in post number 55, which gives an email address in Denmark to send a complaint.

The last thing you should do is pay. (In my view you made a mistake returning the item. It shows them you are worried, when you shouldn't be.) If you do then you could well end up on a "suckers" list and receive many similar scams.
  • I'm in Scotland and the exact same thing has happened to me but I didn't receive the item. I have emailed them explaining this but still I get emails and letters threatening legal action. The last reply I received from them they said that the emails and letters won't stop as there is an outstanding invoice in my name!?!?!?!?! I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY ITEM!

I'm concerned about the 3rd party debt collector part. Has anyone been contacted by them?

Thanks
  • naedanger
    Forumite
    MEGANCG wrote: »
    I'm in Scotland and the exact same thing has happened to me but I didn't receive the item. I have emailed them explaining this but still I get emails and letters threatening legal action. The last reply I received from them they said that the emails and letters won't stop as there is an outstanding invoice in my name!?!?!?!?! I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY ITEM!

I'm concerned about the 3rd party debt collector part. Has anyone been contacted by them?

Thanks

Ignore all correspondence (assuming you never agreed to pay for any items). By responding you are making the matter worse for yourself.

In the unlikely event you ever get correspondence from an actual 3rd party debt collector then it will be very easy to get them to stop because you are not actually in debt. (All you would need to do is write disputing the debt exists and telling them to stop all collection activity unless they can prove otherwise, which of course they won't be able to. Another party saying you owe money is obviously not sufficient.)

Speak to Citizen's Advice if you are concerned and ask them to report the company to Trading Standards.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    For the avoidance of doubt for the worriers here ... Debt Collectors CAN DO NOTHING!. Court appointed bailiffs or High Court Enforcement Officers can do something, but there needs to be a court order/CCJ in place first - and you would (should) know about any court claim against you before that could happen.
  • Senaa
    Senaa Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi I have the same problem but I'm from Australia , I emails them and they replied asking for the invoice number and the address it got sent to , I also told them I was more then happy to return the product, do I just ignore them
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    Forumite
    Senaa wrote: »
    Hi I have the same problem but I'm from Australia , I emails them and they replied asking for the invoice number and the address it got sent to , I also told them I was more then happy to return the product, do I just ignore them

Can I suggest you read earlier posts?

There are plenty of suggestions on what action you should be taking. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure