Halifax Reward Account £125 Switch question

Hi folks,

Quick question. Have opened a Halifax reward account that pays £125 on switching. I had planned (and still do) to switch a Co-op basic bank account that I haven't used for some time. Is it safe to assume this is fine despite the account not having any balance/DD's/credit? I can't see anything in the limited term's and conditions on Halifax's website, though obviously the point of switching I thought was to switch a functional account so not sure if I qualify?

I understand the account itself needs 2 DD's and £750 a month paid in which isn't a problem.

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    shads1973 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Quick question. Have opened a Halifax reward account that pays £125 on switching. I had planned (and still do) to switch a Co-op basic bank account that I haven't used for some time. Is it safe to assume this is fine despite the account not having any balance/DD's/credit? I can't see anything in the limited term's and conditions on Halifax's website, though obviously the point of switching I thought was to switch a functional account so not sure if I qualify?

I understand the account itself needs 2 DD's and £750 a month paid in which isn't a problem.

If it were me, I would pay a small amount in and set up a SO to pay an even smaller amount out again. Just so that there is something for them to switch. But I am quite cautious;)
  • shads1973
    shads1973 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In hindsight I think you're right, for the sake of a few clicks via online banking it can't hurt can it to make the account a little more "active"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure