webuyanycar.com

Comments

• albionrovers
    albionrovers Posts: 2,028 Forumite
    I got what I wanted from them, they only knocked me down 60 quid from £810 => £750. Money took 4 days to clear.

Fine by me espec. for cars worth < a grand where seller (me!) can't be bothered to advertise the heap. Especially when the car looks shiny but has a good few faults under the hood.
  • J400uk
    J400uk Posts: 107 Forumite
    I dont like them, prices seem far too low tbh. I think your best of privately selling where possible via Autotrader or PistonHeads (not eBay) or just part-exchanging it with the dealer using the likes of WhatCar price guide to ensure you get a good price. Alternatively if you must have the convience of been able to get an instant offer for your car online, try this site - http://www.partxsolution.com/. They offered me £1k more than "webuyanycar" although still below book for the particular model.
  • Just tried to obtain a value of my car with a view to selling it but they cannot give a value on a private plate. They suggested I put the private registration on retention so I could get a value. Yeah, right!!!!:rotfl:
  • Wish I'd read this thread before, but have just got a price from them for our car. We've advertising in Autotrader as well, so will see if we manage to sell it that way, but if not, may consider seeing how it goes with them...
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • They offered me £1650 for my 02 car. Wanted to avoid the hassle of selling so drove 90 miles to Chester. Was offered £875 when I eventually saw someone. This for a car valued by Autotrader at £2650 as private sale if in 'Poor' condition. What a waste of time, effort and diesel.
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Cybi wrote: »
    They offered me £1650 for my 02 car. Wanted to avoid the hassle of selling so drove 90 miles to Chester. Was offered £875 when I eventually saw someone. This for a car valued by Autotrader at £2650 as private sale if in 'Poor' condition. What a waste of time, effort and diesel.

well you were happy to loose £1000 in the first place, so why not just advertise it for £500 less than a "poor" book price?
    ...work permit granted!
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lol - their practice sounds just like "Gazundering" http://www.firsthomebuyer.co.uk/th-master.php?file=gazunder.xml
  • I am looking to off load a W reg Alfa 145 86000 miles in .... err .... poor condition. webuyanycar.com have come up with about £275 (Online). Is it worth taking this further and arranging an appointment?
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    colin9749 wrote: »
    One of the kids used this website to price 2 of my cars. A 1990 XJ40 with 33,000 miles on the clock in concours condition [even the spare has never been used] was valued at £150 and a 1983 280SL Mercedes with 100,000 miles in very tidy condition with 9 months M.O.T. was valued at £860. Need I say more!

An 18 year old Jag, or 25 year old Merc isn't really the sort of car that Carcraft would put on their forecourt. Hence the low offer.
  • hipha
    hipha Posts: 1 Newbie
    After reading the mostly negative posts on here, I was very doubtful of webuyanycar.com. I need to sell my 2007 BMW 120 M Sport quickly as I had a replacement lined up. Trade price according to whatcar was 14,210. Webuyanycar quoted me 14,260 and I arranged an appointment. On arrival at the north east branch, my fears were backed up by the shifty looking salesmen hanging around in the entrance to carcraft. I was ushered into the far corner of the showroom where I was introduced to the salesman Malcolm. He took the keys and inspected the car thoroughly. On his return he said 'Nice car'...then offerred me 13,800! I was not impressed as my car was in showroom condition and only covered 11000 miles. After pressure I got him up to 14,050 which I accepted. I paid for the money to be transferred via CHAPS at a cost of £24 and the money arrived the next day. In summary webuyanycar exist to make a profit on your car. They are in the ascendency in the deal and I heard Malcolm say several times to other customers 'go and ask for prices from other dealers and then come back to me'. They do not need to buy your car as they have thousands of cars most of which will gain them a profit. They WILL offer less than the web site quote which is wrong. If you have a low mileage car with full service history and better still it is german then you will get a fair price. If you can bare to have punters coming around your house for weeks kicking your tyres and making low offers then patience MIGHT get you a higher price.

A positive but stressful experience
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport