Post office Credit Card - Paying It

Options
Signed up for this card last month and just received the first bill.
From what I can see (as their online access sucks) you can only set up a DD to pay in full or pay minimum.
On the statement itself there looks to be a Sort Code and Account Number. Does anyone know if this is for my account and can I pay directly into it to pay my bill - like a standing order?

Thanks

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 October 2015 at 11:17PM
    Options
    Don't know about PO card, but normally you can find all information on the back of the statement - to confirm the information you can find in the payment slip at the bottom of the first page. And don't forget to use your card number as a reference when making payments.
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Don't know about PO card, but normally you can find all information on the back of the statement - to confirm the information you can find in the payment slip at the bottom of the first page. And don't forget to use your card number as a reference when making payments.

I did exactly the above, using the bank giro sort code and account number with my card number as reference and it credited to my Post Office Matched Card account without any issues.
  • lescm19
    lescm19 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I did exactly the above, using the bank giro sort code and account number with my card number as reference and it credited to my Post Office Matched Card account without any issues.

This worked for me for quite a few years. Until...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5434673
    cheers
    Les
  • Doctor_Duke
    Doctor_Duke Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    Each to their own but what I do with a new card is always set up a Direct Debit for the minimum payment but for the first payment I tend to also do a faster payment, just to make sure there is no issue with the payment.
  • aidso
    aidso Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    I use the Faster Payment method also. Its a pain in the hoop as I'd like to do it on the same account (Post Office) and see the transaction, rather than doing it from my Bank account and waiting the 2-3 days for it to show up on the Post Office online statement. It's one of the more difficult to pay cards I own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure