IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye charge notice

Comments

• Keirb99
    Keirb99 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I have added to my appeal that my situation and Mr Beavis' case differ due to the PE carpark he had parked on had a max stay of 2 hours and the carpark I parked on had a 2 hour free stay then after the 2 hours you can stay for longer if you pay (which i did attempt to pay for).

I can't think of any other reasons to how the Beavis case differs to mine, could anyone help me out?

Also in the worst case scenario if POPLA doesn't accept my appeal and I have to go to court, if I lose will I be stung with court costs? I am not pessimistic as I am confident I will win the appeal it's just a query.

Thanks in advance.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    If you lose at POPLA you are allowed to pay the charge or you can wait and see if court follows because the decision is only binding on PE, not you. No extra costs suddenly get added - and we do win cases at POPLA so you can be confident of a 'likely' win even though it is PE.

I hope you didn't add these words to your appeal - eeeek at the 'I' !:

(which I did attempt to pay for).
    I can't think of any other reasons to how the Beavis case differs to mine, could anyone help me out?
    I wrote something for you above already - about the £3 being quantified as a sum PE would have been happy to accept on the day, I wrote that for you to use. And also you need to adapt salmosalaris' wording and tariff car parks because this is one (linked as an example in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oh that's okay then.

No I made sure I didn't put I anywhere in it, I either put 'the driver' or worded it differently so 'I' wasn't included.

I added into my appeal about how PE could possibly justify charging £100 as an alleged 'loss' from the vehicle being parked in the car park exceeding the 2 hour free stay for less than an hour when they are happy to accept £3 on the day.

Ahh I understand what you mean now about salmosalaris, I can use parts from the appeal because his/her situation was different to Beavis'. I must have been tired at the time i read it. :wall:

I'll have a proper read through and add more to my appeal. Thanks.
  • Keirb99
    First Anniversary
    edited 21 February 2016 at 6:02PM
    I'll edit it now

Thanks for the reply
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 21 February 2016 at 4:47PM
    You need to remove that now - edit it to 'work in progress' or something!

It says who was driving in point C and D (and maybe elsewhere). Get rid of it in case it is seen.

Also the point about no GPEOL isn't right (needs to be more like this one*) and nor should it say the driver knew all about the terms/was over the 2 hours when returning to the car.

* http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70068188#post70068188
  • Keirb99
    First Anniversary
    Okay ill go over it again and make sure there is definitely nothing admitting to being the driver.

I'll have a read through that now and edit it.

So I shouldn't admit that the driver knew anything about the terms?

Cheers.
  • Coupon-mad
    Nope. You have no reason to say that and it helps the other side.

Your version certainly had two sentences in C and D (maybe more) which said who did what/parked.

You should also urgently edit your first post! And any others that say similar!
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    And remove the real name in the third post if that is indeed your real name.....
  • Keirb99
    First Anniversary
    So just to clarify, should I not mention anything about trying to pay at the pay station either?
  • Keirb99
    First Anniversary
    Coupon-mad iv'e had a read through the link you have gave me and they have admitted that they knew upon entering the car park that they were entered into a contact.. I'm not admitting that am I? They've used this to show how their case differs to the beavis case and I don't see how I could use this unless of course I admit to letting them know I was entered into contract.

I'm confused. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure