Debt collection letter - in dispute with Vodafone, what to do for best?

Comments

• exactly the same thing has happened to me with Vodafone. switched banks & they didn't accept my new bank details so I had to pay over the phone (for which I then got charged an admin fee!!) got cut off in the process. same thing happened the following month, resulting in paying for a service which I never had as they cut me off!
    I have now been passed to Fred.prime for £26! this has resulted in my current mortgage provider not allowing me additional funds on the equity in my property. to say Vodafone have been awful is an understatement. they don't seem to care about the consequences of passing small debts (from honest customers who have never defaulted) on to debt collection agencies resulting in their loves being put on hold until this is resolved!
    thanks for this Vodafone, the worst service I have ever received form ANY company!
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi jmcpips,

I'm sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with the level of service you've recently received.

If you'd like me to get this looked into further could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure I've got it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I'm so glad all my mobile stuff (phone and dongle) is PAYG.
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Bet you are. There are so many stories of people having debts or screwed up credit files due to incompetent phone companies. Horrifying and very common.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • I have received a letter today from Vodafone advising that a debt of £2370.35 for me (supposedly) has been assigned to Lowell Portfolio Ltd!

I have NEVER had a Vodafone phone or anything and don't understand this at all! I have contacted Lowell about this and spoke to a representative and she asked me if I had lived at a certain address which I haven't as I had stayed at my current address for 30+ years! I explained I don't have anything associated with Vodafone and can't understand this letter or anything? She told me that an error has been made. Aye, some error!

What does this all mean? Where have Vodafone got my address from?
  • Vodafone
    Hi dishydes,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like me to take a closer look at things, email me with your details via the link in our profile here.

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me, quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi, it's September 2015 and this is still happening.
    I am in the same situation, however, I have had no contact from Vodafone what so ever.

I have spent the last 6 years building my credit rating up and never missed a single payment to any creditor.
    I only noticed when I checked my credit file before applying for a car loan, only for Vodafone to wrongfully make me look like a criminal !
    I'm incredibly disappointed. I owe no money, to Voda, I completed my 2 year contract with them, went through the correct channels to cancel my contract when moving provider, and now I've a mark against my credit score through no fault of my own.

Lee... Can you please help me? I'm incredibly distressed.
  • Vodafone
    Hi Djsld220,

So I can get this looked into, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
  • I cant believe it. It has happened to me aswell.

I took out a sim only contract but could never get the sim to work due to numerous failed sim swaps so I cancelled it within 14 days. I was told via customer services and webchat that the contract was cancelled.Now I am being chased by vodafone for the £15 monthly charge and threatened with debt collectors.

I have never missed a payment and I am upset that this will affect my credit rating.

Can someone help me?
  • Vodafone
    Hi hamupatra,

Has this been resolved now?

If not, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure