Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• strummergirl
    Options
    Hi Hannah, sounds like you're doing well. I fell asleep putting oDS to bed last night at 7.30 so I reckon I could outparty you :rotfl:

New clothes are a must for pp! I just got some lovely jeggings from asda. Wouldn't normally wear them but they're perfect for with boots this winter and only £12 a pair.

Hope your night tonight goes better! YDS had me up at 11.30pm and 5am so I'm hoping for the same x
  • hannahroberts1985
    hannahroberts1985 Posts: 840 Forumite
    edited 18 September 2016 at 7:39AM
    Options
    Ha ha we could track NSD's aka no sleep days:mad:. Another rubbish night here guess I'll be prepared for when baby arrives anyway.

Was up thinking about money last night. I've got one more normal pay day then one with a little extra on top of mat leave then that's it! :eek:. Feeling a bit meh about it all the last payday was great and I loved paying off big chunks. This is why I made this diary though as I know it's about to get very tight and tedious money wise. Each month £200 will go towards debt so just over 2% per month cleared. It's all about plodding along and not spending the savings. Fingers crossed DP hears more about this job and gets it then I'll have more money to play with. At the moment he'll have to pick up extra hours probably need 45+ per week to make ends meet. I was thinking of posting a SOA to see if there was anyone people thought we could save. But I'm pretty sure it is as low as it can be. As I've already switched all utilities, cancelled sky etc. We could save less and have less pocket money but I'd like to keep pushing the savings funds and I like having a bit if cash for fun so will only cut these on a monthly bases if bills need to come first. Money money money!

DS's first football session today DP is working so I'll taking him alone. We've been talking to him about it and he seems excited. Just hope it goes well and he gets stuck in and enjoys it. Will try and find some motivation to do a job or two off my list at nap time. By the afternoons though I'm so tired but can't blooming sleep so might as well crack on with jobs! We shall see. I need to grab bread and milk on the way home. Nothing else though as my tesco shop comes tomorrow. I think next month I need to start tacking the food budget. We always buy bits and bobs out of our own money or use a bit from the joint account. I think with better planning we can stick to budget. Probably spend a little extra this month while we have more cash to get store cupboard levels up. We live in the middle of nowhere so it's handy having lots of dry food in. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    How far along are you now Hannah? Hope everythings going okay?
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

Huskyrunner it's been a while have you been posting? I've not been getting notifications? I hope everything is goin well for you. 36 weeks pregnant here now.

My did pulled out of the cinema last night as she was feeling like something might be happening (she's due tomorrow eeek). I text DP saying I was now staying in and did he want to grab a take away on the way home from work, but he text one of my friends and then she text to see if I was free for dinner and cinema :rotfl:. He's a good egg. We went to Wagamamas for dinner where my friend her
    Husband came for dinner too and insisted on paying but then I insisted on buying her cinema ticket after. I got comfy seats £25 for two! Such a rip off! Then my friend brought us nachos and drinks and I'd already picked up a couple of bags of £1 choccys on the way in. So about £27 spent for me which wasn't bad. The film was great and I nodded off straight away last night and feel like I could sleep for England now so I think the night out has done me a world of good and cleared my insomnia. I was nice not looking at my phone all night I think I need to check in here in the day and leave it on the evenings or my head is still going over everything at bedtime.

DS is a bit poorly full id cold and he gets chest and needs an inhaler whenever he has a cold so up a few times in the night with him. I have the midwife today at 10.30 it's birth plan time :eek:! DS will be coming with me as DP is at work so I hope he's a good boy for me. If he is I'll take him to the bakery after and grab him a little treat. Food shop coming this afternoon. Then it'll be only our meal plan first proper one I've done really. It's weird knowing what i'm having for dinner already.

Best get up and get breakfast sorted. In bed watching Peppa pig at the moment. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in as I won't be checking in this evening.

All good at the midwife. DS behaved so we went to the cake shop after £2 spent on a cake each I have £10 left from last night so £5 still in my purse and £3 stashed in the hospital bag parking fund. Will try last the rest of this week on £15 then I'll be on budget for the month but not sure I'll manage that. Were meeting friends at soft play Thursday morning play date then maybe lunch there too! Don't you just love feeding your kids overpriced rubbish food at these places:mad:! Children's centre for messy play Friday morning if we can get a place. Hope we can as it's a free session. Then football Sunday. So busy enough week just need to not go off plan.

Tesc0 food shop arrived and away. 4 big tubs of choccys stashed away for Christmas we'll probably keep two to much and get out when guests come and give two as presents. Just waiting on DP to get home I'm shattered today and DS decided not to nap! He has been quite chilled and snuggly today high as he has a cold though so not to bad I guess.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good night last night. The comfy seats are so much better than the standard! Poor ds........they pick up things so quickly. My ds has started sniffling today so I think he's coming down with a cold too.

I'm pleased your midwife went well. Birth plan.....that makes it so real! I'm thinking of not writing one this time. We'll see what my midwife says.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    not really i have being having issues with the neighbours from hell so i have being struggling with work/lack of sleep i am whacked constantly

its that bad i have reconciled with my parents and i have being going too theres too sleep.

my journals still going
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Huskyrunner that sounds bad, not good for your health at all. I hope you've been putting those council complaints in.

Quick pop in NSD today whoop whoop. Should be the same tomorrow. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    i have hun a complete waste of time i blew my stack at them the other day and me and the dad next door were inches away from coming too blows.

Me and my oh are just sick of the whole thing we are working our butts off too get debt free.

Never ever ever buy an ex council house
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in before bake off. NSD whoop! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.