The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Free Passbook Cover?

Does anyone know if Northern Rock have passbook covers/protectors to give if wanted? If they don't, could someone please send me one for my passbook? Will pay for postage etc. :)
Hi, I've already asked and been granted for permission via PM for a Help for Heroes link. Pfft.

As my previous signature said, I support Help for Heroes

Comments

• BlightyAndy
    BlightyAndy Posts: 264 Forumite
    Passbook sleeve?
    Hi, I've already asked and been granted for permission via PM for a Help for Heroes link. Pfft.

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,031
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The only passbook "covers" that any bank or building society issues are cheap plastic wallets. If Northern Rock haven't given you one than you might be able to get something suitable from a stationers, e.g. WH Smith, or Rymans. The cost of posting one to you would be more than the cost of the wallet itself.
  • martinman3
    martinman3 Posts: 727 Forumite
    Useless fact for the day.

Northern Rock passbook covers have the opening at the side instead of the top making it easier to insert the passbook.

Everyone will want one now. :)
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,031
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    martinman3 wrote: »
    ..Northern Rock passbook covers have the opening at the side instead of the top making it easier to insert the passbook....

And easier for the passbook to fall out, as well. :)
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Rather than worrying about a cover for your passbook, I think you'd be better spending time on researching the rate of interest you are currently getting and what is available elsewhere.

Passbook accounts usually pay you peanuts.

www.moneyfacts.co.uk/savings may help.
  • fairtrade
    fairtrade Posts: 476 Forumite
    have passbook covers/protectors

I use a resealable freezer bag. Waterproof,safe and available from your local supermarket.:)
    For myself I am an optimist - there does not seem to be much use being anything else.
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • steady__eddie
    steady__eddie Posts: 1,455
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    I seem to remember having one of these somewhere, it's in a collection comprising Alliance & Leicester, National & Provincial, Birmingham Midshires, Staffordshire, Lambeth, Portman, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Dunfermline, Chesham, Scarborough and Barnsley.
    If you can hang on a while, I might be let you have a Stroud & Swindon one.
  • BlightyAndy
    BlightyAndy Posts: 264 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2010 at 4:03PM
    opinions4u wrote: »
    Rather than worrying about a cover for your passbook, I think you'd be better spending time on researching the rate of interest you are currently getting and what is available elsewhere.

Passbook accounts usually pay you peanuts.

www.moneyfacts.co.uk/savings may help.

I did. I haunted for the best passbook account within my area as I find passbooks are better way to save as there's no temptation to transfer money online, or withdraw at an ATM. :)

I get 1.9% p/a on July 31 - an ISA would be no good either as I like to put money in when I can, plus I am not taxed.

• martinman3
    martinman3 Posts: 727 Forumite
    I did. I haunted for the best passbook account within my area as I find passbooks are better way to save as there's no temptation to transfer money online, or withdraw at an ATM. :)

I get 1.9% p/a on July 31 - an ISA would be no good either as I like to put money in when I can, plus I am not taxed.
    So, I presume that you have a Branch Saver Issue 3.
    Did you consider putting some in the Branch Saver 90 at 2.5% with 90 days notice ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure