free sandemans paris tours?

Options
my son and I are going on a day trip to paris tomorrow with Eurostar. we are very excited to be travelling on Eurostar as we live quite near and so watch it get built. while booking the trip and trying to find a way of getting to see all the highlights of paris we came upon the tour named above offering a free tour. silly iknow but it was only today that I noticed it was a 2.5 hour walking tour. well I am in a wheelchair which will mean a lot for my son. he is used to walking long distances with me in the many holiday we have had. what concerns me is firstly looking at the pick up point I don't know how far it is from the station and also that they do 4 separate tours, how do I know which covers the 'main' highlights of paris? or are there better tours anyone can recommend? also the site is now saying they recommend you pre booking your place, which they you need to pay this way but don't say how much?

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to tell us how much - That's the only way we can decide if its a bargain or not?.

Otherwise, this would be much better posted in the main forum.
  • pablakeman
    pablakeman Posts: 291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would recommend Discover Walks Paris - these walks are a bit shorter (normally around an hour) and there are 5 to choose from. With you being in a wheelchair, this shorter amount of time could be more suited (I know you said you are used to walking long distances though. With them being a bit shorter it is easier to plan your day around them and I personally prefer the Notre Dame tour and the Right Bank tour.

Just to clarify the tours are free, but they do expect a tip. There is no minimum amount and you are actually allowed to walk away having paid nothing (expect a stern look but this is the point of a free tour - you decide what you pay). I was an au pair in Paris for a year and I personally knew the founder of Discover Walks due to sorting out stuff for au pairs.

I have tried Sandemans in other cities (Amsterdam, Dublin and Barcelona) and whilst I like them a lot they are just a bit too long. Though perhaps suited to yourself if you are only there for a day.

Enjoy the trip!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure