Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Comments

• Sorry, perhaps if I post direct links to the photos you will be able to click on them and view them? It was the handout they gave me about registering for Universal Job Match.

http://s17.postimage.org/fxddzs7e6/P1050696.jpg
    http://s8.postimage.org/xzod55hpw/P1050693.jpg
    http://s8.postimage.org/6t1xalqlw/P1050694.jpg
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    taralou wrote: »
    If everyone on here is genuinely looking for work then why the problem with their JCP adviser having access to their account??
    I would have thought if you were looking for work you would appreciate all the help you were offered??
    But maybe I'm wrong:)
    Would you let someone have access to your online accounts, bank account, email etc. ?

It's not about helping, it's about control, monitoring & sanctioning.

Why would you let idiots have access to your account ?
  • john539
    Remember where this has come from & attitude of government.

New much harsher sanction regime was introduced in last month.

It's a surveillance database & surveillance system.

Electronic communications can be treated like letters/phone calls for sanctioning purposes.
  • MissSarah1972
    MissSarah1972 Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2012 at 9:19PM
    weeta_bix wrote: »
    Sorry, perhaps if I post direct links to the photos you will be able to click on them and view them? It was the handout they gave me about registering for Universal Job Match.

http://s17.postimage.org/fxddzs7e6/P1050696.jpg
    http://s8.postimage.org/xzod55hpw/P1050693.jpg
    http://s8.postimage.org/6t1xalqlw/P1050694.jpg

So they are making everyone load up a CV and set up an account plus you have to give another manual copy of your CV to the job centre.

Plus theyare saying that you have to make your profile PUBLIC so unknown companies andall sorts can see your details

Then they go on to say you will not need to bring a job search with you anymore as it will be online

Are they really serious? All job searching and all jobs you apply for will be on this site only? That’s only if they the GOV has access to EVERY single job advertised onthe net, companies own web sites etc and I doubt that very much.

What if you see no jobs on this new site to apply for but apply for 20 jobs on others like Reed, Monster and Totaljobs? How are you going to show these to the JC? I think this is a badly thought of idea and I bet if I ask at the job centre next week they will have no idea.

• csmw
    csmw Posts: 579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So they are making everyone load up a CV and set up an account plus you have to give another manual copy of your CV to the job centre.

Plus theyare saying that you have to make your profile PUBLIC so unknown companies andall sorts can see your details

Then they go on to say you will not need to bring a job search with you anymore as it will be online

Are they really serious? All job searching and all jobs you apply for will be on this site only? That’s only if they the GOV has access to EVERY single job advertised onthe net, companies own web sites etc and I doubt that very much.

What if you see no jobs on this new site to apply for but apply for 20 jobs on others like Reed, Monster and Totaljobs? How are you going to show these to the JC? I think this is a badly thought of idea and I bet if I ask at the job centre nextweek they will have no idea.

I really don't see what the big deal is, if you don't want to use universal job match don't sign up its not mandatory! Continue to bring in your written job search.

I personally don't see the big issue it's no different to using a visited like Reed, total jobs etc!!!

Oh and you will be able to write other activity you take into the portal so that your advisor can see it if you choose to sign up.

People like you will always look at the negative rather than the positive, I've never heard someone moan so much!

It's simple really if you don't like the conditions you have to meet in return for recieving the benefit....you have a choice, sign off!!
  • MissSarah1972
    MissSarah1972 Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2012 at 9:34PM
    csmw wrote: »
    I really don't see what the big deal is, if you don't want to use universal job match don't sign up its not mandatory! Continue to bring in your written job search.

I personally don't see the big issue it's no different to using a visited like Reed, total jobs etc!!!

Oh and you will be able to write other activity you take into the portal so that your advisor can see it if you choose to sign up.

People like you will always look at the negative rather than the positive, I've never heard someone moan so much!

It's simple really if you don't like the conditions you have to meet in return for recieving the benefit....you have a choice, sign off!!

But you have just said 'don't sign up its not mandatory'

Surely it is? You wont be able to apply for jobs if you don't

Id rather write all mine online and allow them not to bother to check it as I write up a list on my lap top plus keep all the emails and adverts and now on the work programe next week I will have to probably do another list for them and then fill in my job search that no one looks at so yeah easy for me and up to the jc if they want to check it or not

Moan? I am entitled to moan when my job search has not been checked in 3 months and we all think they are going to do so as of the 19th!! LOL

Tell us the positives then?

point 4 on here http://postimage.org/image/ose8aaw6j/

says they will ask for evidance of something you say is not mandatory
  • john539

The Jobcentre/DWP are chancing their arm.

It's easier for them to say you need to do this, to give them this, evidence this, than ask you & explain/discuss what they are doing, because that's the way they have always treated 'customers'.

They don't want people to have choice, to question what they say or have an opinion.
  • john539 wrote: »
    The Jobcentre/DWP are chancing their arm.

It's easier for them to say you need to do this, to give them this, evidence this, than ask you & explain/discuss what they are doing, because that's the way they have always treated 'customers'.

They don't want people to have choice, to question what they say or have an opinion.
    I have just looked at all the photos the other posted linked on here and one it says you have to sign up and we can look at your job searches there (all jobs) and never need to bring in the job search again then on the last page it says if you tick a box (not sure what box) then the DWP can see your details but this is not mandatory. Very odd indeeed.
  • john539
    edited 16 November 2012 at 10:48PM
    I have just looked at all the photos the other posted linked on here and one it says you have to sign up and we can look at your job searches there (all jobs) and never need to bring in the job search again then on the last page it says if you tick a box (not sure what box) then the DWP can see your details but this is not mandatory. Very odd indeeed.
    Remember, it's early days how it will end up working.

The Jobcentre is trying to modernise & move things to the internet to save money, automate things, probably cut staff in future.

It's very important for them to get people to adopt & sign-up to using the internet & dealing with them electronically.

The language they use is you need to do this, they don't want people messing around & querying new system. They want to push everyone over, get everyone signed up in bulk.

Yes, people have option to allow Jobcentre to see the account, then they can automate & deal with people electronically, which is what DWP/government really want. But then they can automate & sanction people electronically.

But there are privacy, data use & data protection issues on all this.
  • It is mandatory to set up an account but no you cannot be forced to give the Jobcentre access.
    Not everything is visible to JCP - ie they can't see your password etc. Yes you can be 'matched' to jobs and hence have to apply but that is exactly the same as now.
    You can also make a log of any jobs you apply for that are not on the site hence you would no longer need to submit a written list.

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with it? The only time I would worry is if I was not bothering to look for a job. And if you refuse access it might appear that is the reason?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure