Work from home- envelope/cracker making

Hi Guys,

My Aunty used to do some cracker making as a work from home thing for a bit of extra cash. I'd be really interested in getting into this and was wondering if anyone knew how to go about it? The contact she had has since stopped doing it and we aren't sure where to start looking!

I know the pay isn't amazing, but my other half is out quite a bit with work ect and i thought it might be something to use as a bit of a time filler :)

Any help or contacts anyone has would be amazing, i just need pointing in the right direction!

Thanks x

Comments

• Dont think that type of work has been around for years. I have worked from home for a long time but in call centre and web search evaluation roles. Plently of info on this board if you do some searching for homework. Also know of a work from home forum, that has ideas and complanies that employ people from home. Not sure if I can post it her so PM for info.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Don't send any money to companies offering work from home, they will be scams.
  • mrsHall2b
    mrsHall2b Posts: 521 Forumite
    sorry no help here, im also trying to look for time fillers as i spend all day with my kids but both are quite independant so i often get sat twiddling my thumbs :-/

will be watching this thread in the hope of some information.
  • Oh my god. making crackers at home? Don't you think it is dangerous?
    chances of explosion.
    :money:
  • I haven't heard about this type of work for ages, I do also work from home (I work part time and then extra work around the work hours) but I work with jewellery and love it! :)
    “We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Just a thought for people looking for 'work at home' jobs, I've been trying to plan a wedding and added a few facebook sites ~ they are full of people doing little businesses ...i.e renting sweet carts / ferris wheels ...making sweet trees / wedding invites / decorating the venue or just renting the stuff out.....it's not that hard really to copy what others are doing if your open minded enough.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Those type of jobs can be done much quicker by big machines in factories than they could be by people in their own homes.
    Anyone offering you a job is out to con you.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • tanya2014
    tanya2014 Posts: 181
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I would love to know of any companies offering this.
    Tanya
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Due to automation being faster and cheaper, think these types of work from home jobs are LONG gone.
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    This would only be viable if you were doing custom-made crackers for recipients; handmade crackers appear to be about $6 on Etsy (US Dollars)
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure