Make up storage?

Hi guys,

I'm basically in the procress of buying some new storage drawers for my make up, it got me wondering how does everyone store theirs?

Personally I cant stand to have mine all thrown in a box as i like to see everything i have and have it in sections!

Just wondered so I could steal some ideas ;)
£0.00/£2014 saved!

Sealed pot member :D

2014 onwards and upwards!

Comments

• I try not to have too much makeup to avoid the "chucked in the drawer" look, and I use small boxes to try and separate things sensibly. It's not a perfect solution, though, and every so often I have to do a tidy up.

I once saw a website where a lady used a few toilet roll cardboard thingies cut to appropriate lengths and standing up inside a box to store things like lipsticks and nail polish. That seemed quite clever.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    tool boxes have lots of storage sections :).

my nail polish bottles are arrayed on a tier of corner shelves in my bedroom, and i don't wear a lot of make-up but its all in my daughter's old baby changing box, to keep it all in one place.
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    When I was a kid a TV series was shot in our village and all the makeup artists had toolboxes with cantilever compartments. If I had more makeup I'd do that.

At the moment I colour co-ordinate into small bags and then into a big freebie washbag from Clarins.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I had a recent purge of my makeup recently mainly due to allergies around the eyes but ive recently bought this to store my makeup in. Would you believe it these are fridge storage boxes that clip together?

th_DSC_0003_zpsjflhvmpc.jpg

th_DSC_0004_zpste3fndpv.jpg
  • staple28
    staple28 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Brilliant idea Judi! where are those from??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Aldi, £3.99 I think. Actually they came in sets of 3 boxes. I bought 2 sets, using one of the second boxes for my makeup brushes and they stack nicely. The other 2 are holding the bacon and sausages in the fridge (until I find a better use for them).
  • I bought cardboard drawer sets from w h smith, they are bogof and all differesnt sizes so perfect for makeup xx
  • I have a little set of plastic drawers. I keep my everyday essentials in a make up bag, and then I have one drawer devoted to lipsticks and the other two devoted to everything else.
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • avstar
    avstar Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is mine. Like to be able to lug it around from room to room depending on where I'm getting ready.
    I bought it online for about £30 a couple of years ago and a quick wipe round or blast with the hoover keeps it clean. I wrote a blog post about it :)
    http://www.wagdoll.co.uk/2013/03/makeup-storage-or-how-i-store-my-war.html

make-up4_zps5860ddfc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family