PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Franigan wrote: »
    OMG, soo embarassing!! :o :rotfl:

You know, I was wondering why you were adding "drop" after "pear"!!

Im not english + did not grow up here (obviously) + I am not really into sweets in general =
    I thought that was another way to refer to the actual fruit!!!! Ah ah!!

That's another gaffe to add to my loooong list of misunderstandings! My partner is english and I am his biggest source of amusement.:D

I think your english is really good though and its easy to misunderstand things :D I really should be eating pears rather than pear drops!!

Right STS for me :o I have decided to take the following steps:

1. Must cut down on bread in general
    2. Must put what I eat at the weekend on MFP in hope of shaming myself into eating better at the weekend- currently I only fill in MFP Mon-Thurs!! I think the weekend is really damaging my weight loss as overall i do eat fairly healthy in the week
    3. Cut out the odd treats that are creeping in through the week
    4. Try and exercise where ever possible!

Today:
    B: 2 medium wholemeal bread with peanut butter and banana
    L: 2 medium wholemeal bread with lf cheese spread, ham and tomato, packet hula hoops
    S: toasted tea cake, mini choc, sherbet sweet
    T: steak, jacket potato, sprinkle cheese, spoon coleslaw and lots of salad
    S: couple of beers and a mint areo :o

Walked the dog lastnight and tonight with OH so about 40 mins per night
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • fluffysox
    fluffysox Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 March 2014 at 10:24PM
    Today's food diary:
    B: 1/2 slice toast (white bread) with Flora light and jam.
    S: Apple
    L: 2 weetabix, raisins, SS milk. 1 chip.
    D: Lamb Balti (small portion), rice, sweetcorn, cherry toms, carrot.

Leg of Lamb has fed us all week, some chopped lamb and some balti in freezer too. Sick of it now. Be glad to eat something different tomorrow :-)

Drinks: 3 cups tea. 1 litre water.

Exercise: short walk, gardening, general two year old chasing ;-)
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013 :)
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    2 lb loss for me please, thanks knitwitch.

Well done everyone, amazing our total is over 20st lost in just a few weeks :j

I've upped my calories and its really kicked my appetite back in, I hope it settles down again soon as I want to eat everything in sight. I have a week off so going to enjoy it and eat at maintenance and be happy with a sts next weekend hopefully!

Hope everyone has a great week x
  • Gwendolyn
    Gwendolyn Posts: 76 Forumite
    -2 lbs here - one last and one this.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    A 1lb loss for me this week please KW :)

B - 2 slices toast with rf spread and marmalade
    D - 1/2 jacket, salad, rf cheese. 1/4 fresh pineapple for pud
    T - 3 crackerbread, 1x vegemite, 1x peanut butter, 1x rf cheese & tomato
    S - banana, satsuma, celery
    E - 6 x 5mins treadmill. Not sure it's contributing to and weight loss but my breathing is already feeling better :)
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 March 2014 at 11:52PM
    Very quiet on here today, hope folks are doing nice weekend-y things.

I had great intentions of eating well this weekend, but I caved a little while ago and we've had takeaway pizza AND chips :o

It's been a stressful 24 hours...last night I'd just had a bath and was looking forward to an early night when I got a phone call to say my DF was very ill...so pulled clothes back on, and rushed over to his house expecting to call 999, didn't even stop to put lights off or lock my door. Luckily he didn't need an ambulance, and I came home when he fell asleep, but it was a worrying night, with clothes lying ready and phone at hand. Glad to say he's a bit better today.

So it's been a busy day...up early because I couldn't sleep, visiting DF twice, going to work, visitors, and the final straw that forced the pizza into my hand, DS phoning to say car problems meant he'd be really late home (and ruining my carefully planned meal).
    I didn't even make time for a walk today :o

Thank goodness I've no chocolate in the house!
    I'd like a glass of wine, but not going to just in case I get another phone call.

Oh well, maybe I can redeem myself on Sunday.

ETA : I do realise it's a total cop-out to blame DS not getting home in time as the reason for me changing my plans and getting us pizza instead of a sensible meal. I'm still using food as a treat and a comfort...managing to put it off for longer, but giving in eventually. I need to break the food = comfort thing, but not sure I ever will.
    Also I put my food into mfp, and I came in just under maintenance calories, so *in theory* I shouldn't put on weight even though I ate pizza!

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • fluffysox
    Today's diary.
    B: usual weetabix/ raisins/ milk
    11am: 1/2 toasted hot cross bun with real butter
    2pm: 1 piece multigrain toast, flora light, 1 fried egg (minimal spray oil) little bit of brown sauce. (Got to be honest- this was gorgeous)
    7pm: Wholegrain noodles, chicken breast, broccoli, carrot. Done in wok but I added water to help dissolve a chicken oxo and to reduce need for oil. Portion controlled, quite tasty and filled me up. (DH liked it too).
    S: An orange, some grapes, a cadburys highlights hot choc.

Spent the afternoon reading, a rare treat. Book was quite emotional though and added to general fatigue, I was tearful this evening. DH asked if I was just missing chocolate. I joked that I could demolish a huge bar but tbh I'm not even thinking about it. If anything, I felt like a glass of wine but the fact it means opening a whole bottle helps deter me ;-)
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
  • fluffysox
    ellie as my mum says to me, even if you step off the dieting wagon, what matters if you get back on it afterwards. We're all going to have super-calorific days in the future, but as long as we're good most of the time it won't harm us. Hope your Dad gets well soon x

(Super-calorific, did I just make up that word? Reminds me of Mary Poppins lol)
  • Fru-gal_2
    Fru-gal_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    1lb loss for me this week, thanks knit witch. I have not been good today, had 2 small chocolate snacks ( 2 finger kit Kat and similar ) and rib eye steak for tea with hm wedges. I didn't realise it was so high in calories, nearly 600 just for the steak:eek:. We don't have it often though. I will need to be good tomorrow.
    Grocery challenge: dec 294/280, January 250/250, February 168/200:T march 258/260
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Sorry to be late on parade I have lost 1lb this week which I am happy with
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business