Has anybod heard of Scotcall Debt Collecting Services?

Hi All,

I had a loan from egg which got transfered to Crap quest lol!!! :p
But it seems they have since transfered the debt again as yesterday I had a letter from Scotcall Debt Collecting Services based in Glasgow, has anybody had any dealings with them If so what are they like as they are threating Door step Calling

would be interested in your experiences, Ive never heard of them on this forum before unless Ive missed the.

Sharon x :rolleyes:

Comments

• I have an outstanding electricity bill and before my pre-payment meter was fitted I had a couple of letters from Scotcall. I managed to come to some arrangement with the electric company before things got too heavy with this particular debt collection service. In fact, I think I remember speaking to someone from this service who was actually very nice!
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing
  • Hapless_2
    Hapless_2 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Scottcall are also a sister company of Westcot.
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 10
    grocery challenge...Budget £420

Wk 1 £27.10
    Wk 2 £78.06
    Wk 3 £163.06
    Wk 4
  • clare1076
    clare1076 Posts: 113 Forumite
    When my husband got a mobile from 3G which turned out to be faulty we refused to pay the remainder of the contract and unfortunately this was passed on to Scotcall. They called us one evening and demanded we pay the bill but we were still in query with 3G, however, as a result of this already going against our credit score we agreed to pay but only in £10.00 a month installments but they wanted our debit card details to do this which i refused to give because i didn't want them trying to take the whole amount so instead i set up a direct debit which we are now paying. Which reminds me actually i need to see how much we have left to pay as i have no idea.

Generally, they are okay but don't be fooled into giving your credit or debit card details to them if you can't afford to pay the full amount.
  • slouise
    slouise Posts: 45 Forumite
    Hi Thanks owsaboutthatthen , Hapless and clare1076 :o

for your comments it gives me an idea of what they are like, think I might have to set up a dd then or find another way to pay them i.e payslips if they do them. Its funny when you come across a new company theres always somebody in the same situation, i love this site and the support you get it's just brilliant you never feel like your on your own.

All the Best x :T
  • rayday2
    rayday2 Posts: 3,960 Forumite
    Hapless wrote: »
    Scottcall are also a sister company of Westcot.

Have dealt with Westcot in the past and they are OK so long as you reply to letters and send payment regularly.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    clare1076 wrote: »
    When my husband got a mobile from 3G which turned out to be faulty we refused to pay the remainder of the contract and unfortunately this was passed on to Scotcall. They called us one evening and demanded we pay the bill but we were still in query with 3G,

Scotball, or any other DCA for that matter, should NOT continue to pursue any 'alleged debt' that is in genuine dispute with the original creditor.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • slouise wrote: »
    Hi All,

I had a loan from egg which got transfered to Crap quest lol!!! :p
    But it seems they have since transfered the debt again as yesterday I had a letter from Scotcall Debt Collecting Services based in Glasgow, has anybody had any dealings with them If so what are they like as they are threating Door step Calling

would be interested in your experiences, Ive never heard of them on this forum before unless Ive missed the.

Sharon x :rolleyes:

Yes, just started having deallings with them, don't think they can afford official letters as they send out obvious photo copies with a bit of editing to look official. Seems that the original company who's looking for the money (Orange) don't have the bottle to deal with compaints especially management so they get these companies in to deal with it. If they made the effort at the start we wouldn't be here. Still waiting for caller. Keep you Posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure