Hi, Are 0300 numbers free from a BT landline?

2»

Comments

• billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    edited 19 February 2011 at 7:03PM
    sicker wrote: »
    The reason for 03 numbers is that they have run out of 01 and 02 numbers

Nonsense !

Ofcom explain why they were introduced here. http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2009/09/what-are-03-numbers/
  • Hi
    Why have most companies canged to using generic numbers rather than using the geographical numbers they always used to?
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Hi
    Why have most companies canged to using generic numbers rather than using the geographical numbers they always used to?

Many have jumped on the 0844 revenue bandwagon, they get a payback from your call to them.
  • i havent actually seen an answer i'm on orange mobile i just wnated to know if they are chargeable or if they come out of my mins? i called orange and they said it would be 25p a min and do not come out of mins, but yet other places say it does come out of mins? b the way the person couldn't find anything in her literature and had to consult with someone else so i aint sure about the info she gave me either?
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    i havent actually seen an answer i'm on orange mobile i just wnated to know if they are chargeable or if they come out of my mins? i called orange and they said it would be 25p a min and do not come out of mins, but yet other places say it does come out of mins? b the way the person couldn't find anything in her literature and had to consult with someone else so i aint sure about the info she gave me either?
    Refer to the link given by billsavings in post 12 above.

The must be charged at exactly the same rate as geographical numbers.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes, Orange are wrong if they've told you that calls to 03xx will be charged outside your inclusive minutes. Vodafone definitely include them, I use 0330 1234 151 to call BT when there's a fault on my land line, rather than getting charged for using the 0800 equivalent.
  • Ian01
    Ian01 Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2013 at 1:42PM
    03 numbers are always charged at exactly the same rate as whatever you pay for calling 01 and 02 numbers.

If you have an inclusive allowance for calling 01 and 02 numbers, that allowance also includes calls to 03 numbers. This applies to calls made from landlines and from mobiles.

030 numbers are for government organisations, charities and health providers.
    033 numbers are for businesses and other organisations.
    034 numbers are reserved for the user of the matching 084 number.
    037 numbers are reserved for the user of the matching 087 number.

The Consumer Rights Directive will shortly make it illegal to use 084, 087 and 09 numbers for customer service lines. Existing users of 084 and 087 numbers can simply migrate to the matching 034 or 037 number else choose a brand new 01, 02, 030, 033 or 080 number.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure