HELP! Have cut back all I can but am still over-spending!

Options

Comments

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Do you like my avatar by the way?
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Could you not have found one with at least a dozen full glasses? :rotfl:
    What about this? :D

th?id=H.5018562766767345&pid=1.7&w=168&h=155&c=7&rs=1
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What about this? :D

th?id=H.5018562766767345&pid=1.7&w=168&h=155&c=7&rs=1

That's my kind of glass
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    what about this? :d

th?id=h.5018562766767345&pid=1.7&w=168&h=155&c=7&rs=1

I want one!!!!
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I want one!!!!
    £7.55 at Amaz*n (for a glass to take a whole bottle of wine) but there's only one left...:D:D
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £7.55 at Amaz*n (for a glass to take a whole bottle of wine) but there's only one left...:D:D

That's cos scrimpimgandsaving has already nabbed them all:rotfl:
  • fallen121
    Options
    Someone gave me one of those huge wine glass things for Christmas a few years ago but as I don't really drink wine I flogged it at a car boot. Shame really, as several people on here could obviously have done with it to drown their MSE sorrows or to celebrate their MSE achievements!

I still have one of those yard of ale things in my kitchen. It's like a very elaborate glass riding boot. God knows how it never got broken. Must be about 50 years old now. At least.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there SnS. You have on balance been given more good advice than condescension, and I am glad you can see that. Sometimes you do have to take a deep breath and try and see that they mean well, even if they do have terminal foot in mouth:eek:

Just a quick question, ref losses at school by the kids, do they have to buy what they lose out of their pocket money? It cut down my stationary (read my two DS's stationary) cost alot when suddenly their pocket money had to go on 'boring' stuff like erasers and pens etc. I take it you have looked in school for the socks/lunch box?

Ref the trips to school, would your lowish income mean you would be entitled to help from the school with these trips?

And now the income. I noted that virtually every post looked at ways of cutting back but not at the other side of the coin ie the bringing in more money.

You mention that you are self employed. Are you able to claim any of the electricity/broadband costs back via the business? Also did you check with your buildings insurer and the deeds that you are ok to work from home? Sorry not really relevant I know, but it might make a difference to the premiums for the buildings insurance, if you run a business from home.

So the business, I take it that after all costs are paid out, that you are able to take a wage from it? If yes then is there any way of getting more work, eg via linkedin, or business link type organisations? Could you earn more money in house now in a company? I am guessing that you worked from home till now because of the kids?

For both of you their are loads of challenges on various forums on here to up your income. Some off the top of my head, are the present neutral challenge, where all presents/ xmas are funded not sources other than wages eg surveys sites, selling second hand stuff on ebay, making stuff for presents etc.

You could potentially both do surveys on line. Your OH would probably get more than you as they need males to make the quotas.

Then there are sites like swagbucks where you earn points which convert into vouchers.

Over time they do build up. And then there is competition entering. Not necessarily things you will use but to try and win things you can sell.. It is a bit time consuming, and maybe if you can raise the income from your business that would be a better use of your time, but if not then these other small revenue sources might be of help.

Cheers
    chev

ps you are getting the correct amount of benefits aren't you? Oh and don't forget about being able to get energy grants to improve insulation which might help with the bills too.
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Loving the avatars :D

Nearly as good as mine.

Think I have one of those glasses somewhere. Perhaps in the attic. Someone bought me it. Dont know what they were trying to imply.;)

I agree on the swagbucks thing. I have dabbled for years on various sites trying to earn a little extra but swagbucks really works.

I have earnt £50 in amazon vouchers since christmas.

It help with birthday presents, xmas presents and the odd treat for me.

Well worth a look. !
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Allypops
    Options
    Loving the avatars :D

I agree on the swagbucks thing. I have dabbled for years on various sites trying to earn a little extra but swagbucks really works.

I have earnt £50 in amazon vouchers since christmas.

It help with birthday presents, xmas presents and the odd treat for me.

Well worth a look. !

£50 since christmas is really good going. Do you mind me asking how? Is it searches and TV or do you do anything else?
    Allypops
    Married with 2 children
    SPC5 # 1837- -
    DMP started April 2011 34.5% paid [STRIKE]£78800[/STRIKE]
    DFD: June 2019 DFW Long hauler #286
  • angelaf_3
    Options
    I was put off doing swagbucks by people saying that they had picked up loads of viruses from it. Their computers I mean, ROFL!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure