Time to get serious

Comments

• SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :j:j:j:T:T:T:T

Great news bet you are so excited and can't wait
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • Thank you Sue, excited would be an understatement!

The mse energy club switch is now complete, so CB should be through soon. It seemed a lot quicker this time. All interest has been shuffled into savings and hopefully I will get chance to do last month's travel expenses this weekend too.

I will be making a big vat of chilli for November 5th celebrations with family tomorrow. Should be a cheap night out! Hope everyone has a great weekend :)
  • I can't believe the weekend is over already.

On Saturday I decluttered a wardrobe then we went and drove around an area we are thinking of moving to so we can get a feel for the place. Then we walked the dog near the new field to check out some new routes. We got a bit lost so ended up walking a bit further than planned! Then out to family party in the evening.

More decluttering and cleaning yesterday, with a ride for some fresh air and to exercise the dog.

At the moment getting this house ready to sell seems a bit of a mammoth task, we will keep chipping away at it.
  • The clocks going back means I keep waking up early as my body clock hasn't adjusted yet. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon.

I've transferred over last month's travel expenses, as didn't quite get round to it at the weekend. Also CP has been updated, I've got about £55 to exchange for vouchers now. I'm hoping that could maybe be a Christmas present but not sure yet. I'm leaning towards Outfit vouchers for DD2.
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Oh my goodness ETE I am so freaking excited for you!! Thats amazing and exciting news!!

EEEEK!!

Jodles :beer::j:T
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • jodles16 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness ETE I am so freaking excited for you!! Thats amazing and exciting news!!

EEEEK!!

Jodles :beer::j:T

Thank you Jodles, that has really made me smile :D

We are still keeping an eye on the small things, took a bathroom mirror back today for a refund. We purchased it before we knew we would be selling soon, so back it went!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Thank you Jodles, that has really made me smile :D

We are still keeping an eye on the small things, took a bathroom mirror back today for a refund. We purchased it before we knew we would be selling soon, so back it went!

Well done! - that's the kind of thing many would overlook :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • We've made it to the weekend! Lots more decluttering planned for this weekend. There is a lot of decorating to be done but we can't crack on as we are waiting for the plasterer first, so I need to feel I am making some progress towards getting this place on the market.

Also I must complete some more business admin.

We are out at an event with the dog today but in the way back we are dropping off paperwork to the solicitors so the purchase can progress.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Decluttering is good, and so is getting out and about and dropping off papers on the way :):):) hope you have a lovely time at that event :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Thank you KC, event was good and not too much standing around.
    Plenty of decluttering and shredding of paper done over the weekend, as well as getting out in the fresh air.

Meal plan until the end of the month now complete and shopping ordered.

I've still got the ll0yds club cinema vouchers so hoping to see fantastic beasts, maybe not this weekend though as I prefer it when it isn't busy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure