Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've just got a pour over coffee machine. Does anyone know if Lidl do a good but not too strong coffee? Thanks.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    The Chocolate Orange Rice Cake Bars from Aldi are rather nice if you are after a low(ish) calorie snack. 92 calories per bar. 5 in a box.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Chocolate Orange Rice Cake Bars from Aldi are rather nice if you are after a low(ish) calorie snack. 92 calories per bar. 5 in a box.

Haven't seen these, but will give them a try :)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Kered
    Kered Posts: 3,531 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    The 'Discovery' brand of apples in Lidl are not up to much, quite tasteless and the cores turn very smelly quite quickly :(

Back to Braeburn.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I'll give these a go then. The Aldi pickle (recommended on another thread on the OS board) seems an ideal companion.
    Having now tried it I can report back that it is rank, far too much vinegar! I'll stick with Branston.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Just been to a Lidl store for the first time in 20 years and it looked almost identical to an Aldi store ��
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Just been to a Lidl store for the first time in 20 years and it looked almost identical to an Aldi store ��

Really? Didn't it have an in-store bakery? They've certainly been added to my local Lidl within last 20 years.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lidl's Baywood Fruity Rose Wine - absolutely lovely. Really fruity, not too sparkly, lots of flavour. Can't remember what I paid for it but it would have been cheap!
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I visited Lidl for the first time this week and really liked the store layout especially how the offers on the middle aisles aren't piled high like in Aldi, if you know what I mean. It gave the store an airier and more specious feel. So I'm now in the process of comparing like for like between the two stores.

I do like the look of the fresh bakery section. Hubby liked the 19p sandwich baguettes. I bought them on Tuesday evening and, whilst the one he had today wasn't as crusty, he said it wasn't stale or soggy.
    Couldn't find an alternative to Aldi's best of both loaf (45p) tried Lidl's thick brown bread but I do prefer half and half loaves.
  • his_missus
    Options
    If my cats could type they would tell you that, whilst they like the Vitacat pouches they do not like the slightly more expensive Vitacat premium select pouches (£1.99)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure