Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Comments

• Hi Missymoo 81,
    Just had a quick read through your thread and wanted to say hi because I have started a debt diary today and I think we can motivate each other. Sounds like you are doing great, you have awareness of what you are spending and do have a budget, which is great.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks determined18.
  • Glad you are ok, but run out of cheese! :eek:

I have a bottomless bag in the freezer of grated odds and ends. One day it will run out and I will be deeply traumatised. I think the freezer is my comfort blanket.

I bought 10 medium bananas in Ldil, 76p/KG which worked out at 11.5p per banana so the Aldi 12p probably works out on balance.
  • Glad you're okay and just busy.

Keep on there is light at the end of the tunnel ;)

Well done on the uniforms too :D Always a relief when its done x
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Im watching ny grocery spend this month too now. I have 15 pound a week to spend but I have loads in including all my baby stuff formula nappies etc. So I shall be following you with a closer eye for inspiration. Xx
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hope the 70th went well Missy!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Hope the 70th went well Missy!!! xx

From me too x
  • missymoo81
    edited 28 August 2017 at 10:32AM
    Arrrrrghhh what a palava, I have lost 3 long posts from accidently hitting the wrong button and have had to reset my password!!!!

Thank you so much for your good wishes re FILs 70th. It was ok, I stayed 3 hours and he loved having the grandchildren there. We ate for free all afternoon which was good.

Ok so Saturday we had chocolate porrisge for breakfast, egg sandwiches for lunch and veggie curry with hm
    Chipattis for dinner.
    Yesterday we had chocolate, coconut, banana smoothies for breakfast, tuna and cucumber sandwiches for lunch and BBQ for dinner. Also got given some little cakes so that was nice. Today we have had cereal And we have a picnic lunch as currently on the beach as we speak!

Spending wise so far I have spent £6, tricky as my dad asked me to get him some milk on the way over and the only shop that was open was a corner shop as was Sunday, so have spent £3.50 on milk!!! And they do so much for me I didn't want to ask for the money! Some was for me but still need more, and had to pick up some cheese, (please note this Redo :D)

I'm making my friend a carrot cake for her birthday next week, I'm owed £2 from work for making cakes for them and using all my butter and sugar!!! So that makes £6 left to spend in total.
    I need
    Marg 69p
    Sugar59p
    Milk £1.00
    Bananas X 10 £1.30
    Cream cheese 45p
    Bread 70p
    Walnuts - no idea!

So there you go!
  • Walnuts are £1.99 in Lidl, I buy them for the boy who doesn't eat. Could you do a carrot and sultana instead? I make this one which is nice: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3229/yummy-scrummy-carrot-cake

I'm on my last pack of cheese in the fridge :cool:

ETA actually that's a good one for me to make today to use up some more of the egg and carrot mountain.
  • missymoo81
    Oooh I hadn't thought of that. I have tons of sultanas, do you by any chance have a recipe.

Wondering whether to include the £1.25 for milk for my dad in my budget or not, it wasn't for me, so shouldn't be in my budget I guess. So thinking I'll spend that £1.25 on salad stuff, as feel like I'm lacking a bit!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure