"Purely Creative" magazine scratch card. How to claim

Comments

• OnTheUp_2-2
    OnTheUp_2-2 Posts: 692 Forumite
    I received this below email from ISP regarding purely Creative and their scams. I supposedly won a designer watch and when the paperwork through tehy were cheap and nasty unknown brands.

Needless to say 6 months later I have never received a reply to the many emails and have never received the watch.

A waste of time.

Dear Mrs XXXXXX

We hear these stories every day unfortunately, and sadly, they are all scams. We and others in the industry are constantly tracking them, but most have their origins overseas, and we cannot stop them. Our advice is, “if it seems too good to be true, it probably is; and never respond to anything that costs £1.50 a minute to call.” The response under the UK Code should never be more than a first class stamp.

As far as other complaints we are investigating, they operate from outside the UK. I am not sure if they are UK owned or not. Our investigations on this type of promotion are on-going, and I intend to pursue your complaint along with others. All I am trying to say, is that most of our enquiries in the past end against a brick wall! I will keep trying. Can you send me a copy or original of the offending scratch card(s)?

Sorry to be so negative, but we see so many similar complaints, and are trying to stamp this kind of thing out.

Edwin Mutton

Edwin Mutton
    Head of Compliance
    Chairman of Awards

M: 07801 045524
    T: 020 7291 7730
    F: 020 7291 7731

W: www.isp.org.uk
    <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><FONT color=navy size=1 face=Verdana><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: navy; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; mso-bidi-font-weight: normal; mso-no-proof: yes">The Institute of Sales Promotion
    70 Margaret Street
    London W1W 8SS

Company Reg. No. 97563
    cid:image001.gif@01CABADD.86F76760
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I always claim the cash prize if both 3 symbols and 2 (free gift) turn up. I am £10 richer so can't complain, even though it took ages, 28 days, yeah right!
  • I won a camera not very long ago - probably not worth much, and I did have to pay £5 postage, but it works and I used it for a skiing holiday which meant I did not worry about falling over and breaking it. Good enough for childerns school trips where again if they drop it or leave it somewhere it does not really matter.
    PayPal £247.62 Amazon £495.80 cheque £62.41 Love2Shop £90 Bank Transfer £190 Nectar points £55.00 eMasterCard £600
    From:- Swagbucks, Valued Opinions, inbox pounds, Quidco, Royal Mail survey,YouGov, e-rewards,IPOS I-Say, Insite Consulting, Toluna UK, People for research :T
  • twins_mum
    twins_mum Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Be aware that they take a long time to return the claim numbers, such that I can only claim on one card. The other cards have now passed their closing date!

Obviously the delay in sending the claim number is part of the company's policy.
    :j Thanks to all those that post. :A
  • KxMx
    Yes after one successful claim I sent another card in March with the code and still waiting to hear anything. I stuck a printed address label too to try and get round that second letter "confirming details".
  • Hi Guys , first time poster here

Just won what I believe to be £10 on the million pound card in my Pc Pro magazine tempted to claim but very dubious that even if I send a no junk mail letter they will actually take notice of it.

Is there anyway to make sure they do?
  • ali99
    ali99 Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My husband has probably had about 7 or 8 separate £10 cheques from these scratch cards, going the postal route. Yes, it does take ages because you send off for the claim code and then send off again to get the money. Personally I couldn't be bothered but my husband is very pleased to have found a way to "beat them at their game" - because obviously most people will either spend a fortune on the phone or chuck out the card before the claim number arrives. He doesn't bother for any other kind of prize, just the cash. And we don't get much junk mail so he must have opted out. Its about £9 for very little effort, you just need to be organised! So its not a total scam, you do get the money, its just that you need to remember to go via post not phone.
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Got the letter telling me I'd won £10 last week (got the claim code by post) just had to send yet another loose stamp.
    Just waiting for it to arrive now.:D
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Hannah_10
    Hannah_10 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    sir_minty wrote: »
    but very dubious that even if I send a no junk mail letter they will actually take notice of it.

Is there anyway to make sure they do?

They're breaking the law if they don't.
    I refuse to be afraid of the big bad wolf, spiders, or debt collection agencies; one of them's not real and the other two are powerless without my fear.
    (Ok, one of them is powerless, spiders can be nasty.)

As of the last count I have cleared
    [STRIKE]23.16%[/STRIKE] 22.49% of my debt. :(
  • KxMx
    Well the printed address label didn't work, but I had given up on ever hearing about this one! Got another £10 once I confirm my details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure