IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PSN - Potentially big trouble

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    *I am unable to make the document a PDF, would I be able to submit using a word document? or does anybody know a way I can convert a document without buying adobe.
    I don't know if all PDF converters need Adobe. If so, use someone else's computer to convert your word document - e.g. send it to a friend attached to an email and ask them to convert it and send it back as a PDF?
    One question i do have is with regards to PCS failing POFA2012 by sending 15 days after the alleged contravention, Is this potentially a new point on its own or is it covered under point 2 of failing to prove the driver? could someone please advise.
    I always suggest you treat that as a separate point, written in your own words as the FIRST point in fact, quoting Schedule 4 and pointing out the dates and the fact if they only dated it on day 15 it can't possibly have reached a keeper in time for keeper liability when a Notice is deemed delivered two working days later (assuming 1st class post was used, which you believe it wasn't in any case) and the operator is put to strict proof of the date the PCS NTK was actually put into the postal system and which class of postage was used.

Either way, the appellant keeper contends that the NTK arrived too late because it wasn't served until xx/xx/17, as such the keeper cannot be lawfully held liable and the charge cannot be upheld by POPLA because it was not properly given.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    AJP01 wrote: »
    *I am unable to make the document a PDF, would I be able to submit using a word document? or does anybody know a way I can convert a document without buying adobe.

No idea what version of Word you are using, but can't you create a PDF from a .doc simply by either using save as or export from the file dropdown list?

See here.
  • Use libre office instead, potentialy. Opens word documents and lets you save as PDF with one click.
  • AJP01
    AJP01 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Thanks guys, I have managed to convert to PDF and am now on the POLA Appeals page, When I first click on it gives a bunch of options for reasons for the appeal, there is an option for "Other" I have clicked this and it asks if I am submitting this on someone elses behalf, is this correct? I do not want to accidentally name the driver in this process
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    No you are not.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AJP01
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No you are not.

Brilliant. POPLA appeal has been submitted. Will update regarding the result and POPLA response.

thanks all
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    AJP01 wrote: »
    Brilliant. POPLA appeal has been submitted. Will update regarding the result and POPLA response.

thanks all

bear in mind the next popla response could be an evidence pack, in the next few weeks, so have a read around this forum on POPLA REBUTTALS (use the forum search box)

ie:- get off the back foot and be one step ahead
  • AJP01
    Redx wrote: »
    bear in mind the next popla response could be an evidence pack, in the next few weeks, so have a read around this forum on POPLA REBUTTALS (use the forum search box)

ie:- get off the back foot and be one step ahead

Will do, this time ill be ready :money:

Thanks all!
  • AJP01
    Update*

So i currently have 3 PCNs in process all at various stages due to different reasons and so to stop any confusion i have summarized the 3:

PCN dated 30/08/2017: The driver may have accidentally been named in appeal, as registered keeper i do not have the appeal since it was submitted online, PCS do not mention any confirmation of driver in their rejection reasoning. This is currently with POPLA on grounds of Poor signage as i have dated photographs showing they are inadequate, along with various other reasons

PCN dated 05/09/2017: Currently with POPLA waiting for appeal result / Evidence pack.

PCN dated: 31/08/2017: This is the one i now have a few questions about.

The driver has not been named here, submitted PCS appeal using blue template. They have now directly responded to the appeal: "Thank you for your online appeal, Can you please confirm the name and address of the driver on the date in question, kind regards"
    Obviously as registered keeper i will refuse to name the driver which should have been made clear through the template, my question is have they broken any codes of practice by not sending me a POPLA code? Despite the request for one in the template.
    Also could anyone help me formulate a formal response to the PCS email please.

Once i have the POPLA code i will start to formulate my arguments.
    Many thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No, they have not yet rejected it. Your 5 minutes of research will have shown this is their usual intermediate letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure