Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• Thanks, hoping it isn't late again :(

Well, its amost February.
    I am still awaiting payment for the RA garage jobs that I did in November.
    A new tranche has appeared on their board

Jog on!
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes - I have the same problem with RA. I have to look for visits outside the area to then select right towns and counties. Assumed its their cr*p system as others have commented previously.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well, its amost February.
    I am still awaiting payment for the RA garage jobs that I did in November.
    A new tranche has appeared on their board

Jog on!

I don't bother much with their jobs as pay is not worth it unless you are tripping over the doorstep. I get spammed about the garages although none are in my area. Sounds a good miss on the garages.
  • Larac wrote: »
    Yes - I have the same problem with RA. I have to look for visits outside the area to then select right towns and counties. Assumed its their cr*p system as others have commented previously.

My local visits have always appeared on the out of area page.

Apologies if my post on the alerts was cryptic, I wasn't sure what to say about an upset stomach...

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work
  • Just found the payment info on TNS ... do they pay your tax contribution?

I seem to have received slightly less than the jobs i worked in December and the useful link n15h posted previously (ilovefreebiesuk.net/mysteryshopping.htm) shows TNS being on PAYE.
  • genetic
    genetic Posts: 129 Forumite
    Just found the payment info on TNS ... do they pay your tax contribution?

I seem to have received slightly less than the jobs i worked in December and the useful link n15h posted previously (ilovefreebiesuk.net/mysteryshopping.htm) shows TNS being on PAYE.

They aren't PAYE for most people. I think that info is outdated. Check on the sassie website to see if you've been given an "additional payment" (but haven't yet received) in January. I've had that happen when something in accounting has gone awry.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Have you checked your paid and unpaid shops for December and January via the Shop Payment link on the Shopper Log page?
  • Afternoon all.

I was wondering if anyone was a member of Roamler. Its invite only with a referral code. If there is anyone with a spare code I would love to hear from you. Huge thanks in advance.

I have an invite, I'll send you a PM
  • mrbanjo
    mrbanjo Posts: 275 Forumite
    I must say I do appreciate how mystery outsource and mystery shoppers ltd send out personalised emails, unlike MF and TNS (who have been sacked) who seem content to say dear shopper. It's the little things.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Can someone please tell me if I'm being dense.

On RAs site, I have set my visit radius to 0-20 miles.

But the "visits I can accept" shows only a handful of stores - all of which are miles away - and in random areas - 1 in the very north, 1 right down south etc. Absolutely no where near where I live.

If I "search for visits outside my area" and manage to locate some cities and counties near me/that I am in - then visits near me do come up - and I can (and have) accepted and shopped some.

Why I am having to go through that rigmarole to see visits near me rather than ones 200 miles away? Why isn't it just showing me visits close by to start with?

I must be missing something because no system can be this rubbish! Anyone have any idea what it is that I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

It's been like this for about a year now. I spoke to them about it and they're aware of the problem, but apparently don't know how to fix it. I think that says a lot about their company! You're not really missing out, as others have said- their pay is an absolute pittance! I think they are the worst MSC in terms of payment.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport