Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• DJMSJM
    DJMSJM Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    AdamD wrote: »
    At the time a poor excuse was given. I can't remember exactly, but something along the lines of the flight previous to ours from Skiathos was delayed due to a technical issue which had a knock-on effect on our flight.
    Did you get an initial rejection letter or did they pay up straight away. I have received a rejection letter and don't know whether to reject the rejection or not!!
  • Koala
    Koala Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Can I ask some advice. I had a delayed flight (over 3 hours) from Newcastle to Amsterdam,, which resulted in me missing my connecting flight from Amsterdam to Milan (all booked together on the same ticket). I know the compensation is based on how late you arrive in your final destination. However to calculate the amount of compensation to claim, do I claim based on the number of miles to Amsterdam or Milan? Many thanks in advance.
  • rasmus
    rasmus Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    Is it worth me making a claim?

We travelled back on a virgin Atlantic plane from orlando to Gatwick in December 2010-it was delayed by around 6 hours and 10 minutes and we ended up landing at Heathrow, it was delayed because of snow
    :xmastree: Comping since: june 2007:xmastree:
    not won a thing!!
    :wall: :wall: :wall:
  • Lismore
    Options
    rasmus wrote: »

We travelled back on a virgin Atlantic plane from orlando to Gatwick in December 2010-it was delayed by around 6 hours and 10 minutes and we ended up landing at Heathrow, it was delayed because of snow

Did you get any compensation?
  • rasmus
    Options
    We got a 3 or 4 quid voucher to use at the airport-nothing else but i haven’t enquired about it before now
    not won a thing!!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Totally outwith the airlines control so does not attract compensation
  • rasmus
    Options
    even though it was over six hours and we ended up at a different airport?
    not won a thing!!
  • Kiittykatz
    Options
    I took a flight with two friends in Nov 2006 to Trivandrum in India (I can't remember the exact date but I know it was a Thursday). The flight was delayed by just under 24 hours. I have looked on Flight Stats and there is no details. I am not sure what to do, should I write to the airline to ask about the details? I am usually pretty good with this stuff normally but not sure where to start! Any advice appreciated, Thanks!
  • Fat-Tony
    Options
    Fat-Tony wrote: »
    Hi all,

BA have agreed to compensate me €600 for a delayed flight back in 2007. I received the cheque this morning and I have no idea what exchange rate they have used?

The cheque is for £429 but by my calculations it should be £492. Could this be the exchange rate from 2007 or have they just picked a random figure hoping people won't check? Has anyone had any experience of this? Can I ask for the cheque in Euros?

Thanks in advance.

Hi can anyone help? Just want to know where I stand before I contact BA.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    even though it was over six hours and we ended up at a different airport?

They'll say snow, do you think a judge in the county court would agree with them?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback