IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA appeal successful, then reviewed & failed

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    they say their decision is final when you ask them to review a decision

catch 22

hold on to your evidence , let them try court
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2016 at 7:39PM
    Bryen wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of a successful complaint to POPLA and what my grounds are for a formal compliant?
    There was one on here in the early Summer where the case was re-heard (Beewi is the username) but it seems the PPC complained in your case and it's been re-heard based on what they spat at POPLA.

So spit back! Keep it short, address it to Mr Gallagher the Lead Adjudicator. No template, write what happened and email it to him.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wonder if that is new "Operator information/and evidence". Will OP get a copy and be able to rebut it?
  • iamc12ab
    iamc12ab Posts: 13 Forumite
    I asked POPLA to review a decision as the operator submitted false evidence. I sent them evidence and pointed out the operators evidence is contradictory, but they refused to reconsider the appeal as apparently they are strictly a one step process and decisions are final.
  • iamc12ab wrote: »
    as apparently they are strictly a one step process and decisions are final.
    Then you should hold their own feet to the fire. TELL them in no uncertain terms that if it's a one step process, then that step found in your favour, and they cannot have a second bite of the cherry. And do this in the form of a formal complaint, which you copy to the BPA. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Then you should hold their own feet to the fire. TELL them in no uncertain terms that if it's a one step process, then that step found in your favour, and they cannot have a second bite of the cherry. And do this in the form of a formal complaint, which you copy to the BPA. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

No , don,t upset them , they will walk out like LC did , and we will have to put up with WH
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    No , don,t upset them , they will walk out like LC did , and we will have to put up with WH

Let them walk out, if they cannot cope.

The best person to walk out is TROY and a real CEO taking over
  • Bryen
    Bryen Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Its been ten days since POPLA said they were posting out their revised appeal verdict. The web-site has been showing Operator Evidence submission all that time. I will complain if they do reject my Appeal and would like your help on grounds for a successful Appeal.

My thoughts are:

Appeal meant to be final, and I have print out saying appeal allowed.

How did review get initiated?

Have I seen the evidence that was "missing"?

What were grounds to ignore previous assessor statement that he could see a ticket on the NSGL photos.

Why were my photos ignored?

Why was my witness statement ignored?

Any other grounds to Appeal?

If I loose I 'll be quite happy to take my evidence to court.
  • This is bonkers. I one way I would love this to go to court as they should be torn to shreds.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Bryen wrote: »
    Its been ten days since POPLA said they were posting out their revised appeal verdict. The web-site has been showing Operator Evidence submission all that time. I will complain if they do reject my Appeal and would like your help on grounds for a successful Appeal.

My thoughts are:

Appeal meant to be final, and I have print out saying appeal allowed.

How did review get initiated?

Have I seen the evidence that was "missing"?

What were grounds to ignore previous assessor statement that he could see a ticket on the NSGL photos.

Why were my photos ignored?

Why was my witness statement ignored?

Any other grounds to Appeal?

If I lose I 'll be quite happy to take my evidence to court.

All very good points.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure