Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Comments

• Jaxer
    Jaxer Posts: 204
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Meanwhile G300 campers, if your bored you can have a play with Huawei HiSuite from here....

Its a PC app to manage your phone with your PC.

(Phone has to have USB debug set on in developer options in setup)

Manage your phone, see what pictures and music are on, edit your contacts, see your messages, backup data, messages, apps.

You can even grab your screen to a image, here is mine at this moment..

An alternative way to do this is if you download "Airdroid" from the market. Let's you do all the things you described but the advantage of Airdroid is it's through your WiFi so no fiddling about having to connect/disconnect the cable. Very easy to get started.

(And it's free)
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,069
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Are there any known issues with sd cards ?
    I had an old sandisk 1Gb card in my phone working perfectly,bought a 32Gb no-name off the bay and it won't detect....I put the same card in a Sony Experia and it works.
    Any thoughts ?
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    edited 5 November 2012 at 9:23PM
    could be a fake dodgy card, put it in your pc and try and fill it up see if it is actually 32gb

or run this program http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/h2testw-14-gold-standard-in-detecting-usb-counterfeit-drives/
  • Intenso
    Intenso Posts: 147
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Jaxer wrote: »
    An alternative way to do this is if you download "Airdroid" from the market. Let's you do all the things you described but the advantage of Airdroid is it's through your WiFi so no fiddling about having to connect/disconnect the cable. Very easy to get started.

(And it's free)

Thanks for the heads up, nice little app :)
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    Are there any known issues with sd cards ?
    I had an old sandisk 1Gb card in my phone working perfectly,bought a 32Gb no-name off the bay and it won't detect....I put the same card in a Sony Experia and it works.
    Any thoughts ?

Your a brave man! Ebay generics are well known for being the land of 'fakes' an onboard chip simulates the effect of large ram with there only actually being a small one present, some compress files on the fly, others just misreport the space. Chinese factories buy very cheap chips that failed production, maybe the upper half is unreadable so they fake it just to use the lower half and fib.

only easy way to tell is to copy large hard-to-compress files like mpg movies and try and fill it completely, then copy the files back off and see if they are still the same size and fully playable (not just full of zeros!)

I would always go for Amazon sellers and branded, still very cheap but easier to sort out if issues.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,069
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Strange that in my mates Sony it detects it and shows 31Gb free....???
  • Intenso
    Forumite
    Just noticed that ICS doesn't allow me to move apps onto the SD card.

Does anyone know a fix for this?
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Intenso wrote: »
    Just noticed that ICS doesn't allow me to move apps onto the SD card.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

There is over 2GB of memory free internal on G300.. how many apps do you have? :eek:

:)
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Intenso
    Forumite
    sillygoose wrote: »
    There is over 2GB of memory free internal on G300.. how many apps do you have? :eek:

:)

:o LOL, now you mention it I've only used 415mb on the Apps.

Still room for a few more :rotfl:

Just installed London bus checker while I'm looking for a new car. Very usefull App!
  • Woodyrocks
    Woodyrocks Posts: 1,913
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am not the most technical but I would like to make the phone work faster and more efficiently if it is possible. I have only just started using the phone this evening (wireless @ home) and should be getting my unlock code before I wake by email (ordered off ebay earlier). My question is this; as I have just purchased a 32GB sd card off amazon, do I need to be that concerned about the bloatware I here talked about?

My worry is that I will turn the phone into a 'brick' for messing about with it the wrong way. Seriously, I couldn't even figure out how to open the back of the phone so the thought of rooting and ice creams just sound beyond me, and I had to download the keyboard mentioned from the play store as I couldn't find the @ symbol!
    DEBT FREE AND LOVING LIFE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport