IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Just had a phone call from Town and Country (??) Parking

Hi all,

I received a Parking Charge Notice ages ago from the lovely Town and Country/City Parking people. After reading the advice on numerous threads on here, I ignored it, and ignored the subsequent three letters that they sent me chasing payment.

Today, my very helpful daughter answered the phone and said" Yes, I'll just get her"....... it's a woman from Town and whoever they are asking why they haven't received payment. I told her I wasn't paying it and put the phone down when she tried asking me why.

But how on earth have they managed to get my phone number when I'm ex-directory????

And what's likely to happen next??
BCSC # 9 and proud! :beer:

Comments

• hi, i too received a ticket from an asda car park, my details were forwarded on to aa hutton solicitors and i received an answer phone message from them, thou they didn't say who they were,just lefta number to call back. i called them but luckily i was put in a queue with a recording saying who they were. needless to say i hung up.
    however i too am x directory and fully registered with tps.
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The most likely way they get your number is when they got your details from the DVLA. Those of us that are daft enough to complete the necessary information when confronted by an official form do so without realising the DVLA will take little care of what they do with that information.

What is likely to happen? More calls from them and possibly a few idle threats. The best course of action is to hang up again, failing that say you'll get the person they want and just leave the phone off the hook until they get bored.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,469
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Nxt time they call tell them you don't pay fraudulent invoices.
  • just received my second call from town and city parking, needless to say Archiesmum answered the phone and assured them i'd call them back.:D
  • Next time, say I'll fetch him/her, put phone down and go shopping. repeat as necessary.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,646
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    archiesdad wrote: »
    just received my second call from town and city parking, needless to say Archiesmum answered the phone and assured them i'd call them back.:D

This will continue to happen until they just give up - it can take months and is harassment.

Either tell them to cease contact or you will report them for the criminal offence of harassment, see here for info:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=03_harassment

Or have some fun with them if you are so inclined and are happy to waste their time:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=741653

:D Happy New Year whichever route you choose.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure