Delivery rights: Amazon

Options

Comments

• Evilm
    Evilm Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    Options
    visidigi wrote: »
    Ive had no issues with Amazon as such - but they could certainly do with adding the option to control the methods of delivery they use for prime subscribers - I would imagine this would make a massive difference as you never know if you can send it home incase they send it with a courier which needs a signature...

Ironically I did actually order from Amazon as I expected them to send it Royal Mail like they usually do. The only other place that stocks my item warned me I needed to stay in for a courier and I couldn't guarantee I could!

(Now I'm actually having to take a trip to another city to go collect one from a store and cancelling the Amazon package. )
  • sweetstudent
    Options
    To be honest, i have never had a problem with Amazon deliveries, however i took advantage of the free amazon prime throughout last month and i ordered loads of items for me, the wife and colleagues at work. whilst all of them came, the only problem was on one delivery by D*D the parcel was not received. it showed that it was delivered by amazon and the couriers site but our post room had no record of ever receiving that parcel. Cue a long phone call to amazon, who got in touch with the courier who stated that the post room bell was not answered, and that security would not sign for it, but the driver left it with him! Suffice to say i got my refund from Amazon - dont get me wrong im not blaiming amazon, its the couriers they use to deliver the goods, its going to give them a bad name! in fact the next time they delivered to my work address it was going via RM Special Delivery!

P.S - amazon prime is defiantly work the money - i may end up buying the membership
    :beer:In My 'Permanant' Pre-Masters Gap Year :beer:
    'Married' Apple Fan and Proud
    With 16 Conversions
    I am not affiliated with any company except the one for whom I work!
  • I've just finished my Amazon Prime Trial.
    I've been impressed with the service by DPD, with text message on the morning of delivery, giving a 1 hour delivery slot. As the slot was after business hours, I cancelled for the next day, and the system worked well.

But, for some reason, when the delivery is allocated to HDNL, my delivery address gets changed, from my works address including business name & premises, to the residential house next door. My delivery was abandoned there last night, and it seems to have gone missing. After an email to Amazon, they are resending, using City Link.

Great customer service, a shame that the delivery company is letting them down.

Munchie
  • visadeath
    Options
    I ordered some items from Amazon for next day delivery, they dispatched the items, on the website, and said it was with DPD.
    When they didn't arrive on the day I had requested, I phoned up complained about the fact I needed one of the items by the weekend, so they sent the whole order out again, this time via RM Special Del, and all was good.

Customer services did try to suggest I wait until the next day, and wait for the orginal order, but when DPD told them that no deliverys happen on a saturday unless you pay more the only option open to them was a resend.
    Power is good, but then you get the bill....
  • nottinghamfella
    Options
    YODEL!

More like scream!

I made an order via Amazon from a third party seller. After completing the sale i contact the seller to ask what carrier would be used to deliver the parcel. Moments later, I had a friendly reply saying the delivery would be made by Yodel.

Due to having previous problems with missing and stolen deliveries which were "delivered" by Yodel, I asked if the order could be sent by Royal Mail. This was outright declined. I then offered to pay the difference for the oder to be sent by Royal Mail as I trust them more than Yodel (I even mentioned why) This request was refused and the order was sent by Yodel despite my wishes. The tracking number was given to me.

Due to being home all day on Monday 12 December, I was able to track the parcel and at various times (9am, 1pm, 5pm, 8pm) I saw that the order was out for delivery. By 10pm, no delivery was made.

I took a further day off on Tuesday 13 December, and noticed that Yodel claimed that the delivery was made at 1pm the day prior and was delivered to my neighbour who "signed" for the parcel.

I spoke to my neighbour and they say they did not sign for the parcel.

i have attempted to speak to the company on Amazon who have not got back to me. With only 10 days left until Christmas It looks like I will have to find a alternative present.

I have wasted a day staying in on Tuesday 13 December and to waste my time further chasing up this missing delivery and finding an alternative present.

Has anyone had any sumiluar problems with missing or "lost" deliveries with Yodel???
  • whizzocki
    Options
    YODEL Aaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

Now four days waiting in for my parcel, endless 'phone calls to Amazon and Yodel to try and sort it out. I told Amazon yesterday if it didn't arrive by close of business, I wanted my money back. They said, 'Please give Yodel one more chance, and if they don't deliver, we'll call you tomorrow morning to organise the refund.' Yodel, of course, failed to deliver. And Amazon have failed to call to discuss the refund.

Why, oh why, didn't I buy it in a shop? I will never trust Amazon again with anything more complicated than a book.
  • whizzocki
    Options
    So I 'phoned Amazon YET AGAIN and requested a refund for the missing laptop. To their credit, they put it in motion straight away, and the money's back on my credit card. I expected them to inform Yodel that the order was cancelled and it would be returned to Amazon, but they said on the off chance Yodel do turn up with it to refuse acceptance of the parcel.

So this morning I go out the back to take the rubbish out and there's the parcel, sitting out in the pouring rain. It could have been out there for over 24 hours, in full view of anyone who fancies a free laptop. (Of course who would, since it's probably water-damaged.) They didn't knock on the door, they didn't leave a docket in the letterbox, or request a signature. I had no chance to 'refuse' the parcel as they just dumped it.

I give up, I really do. I'm assuming Amazon are tied into a contract with this bunch of cowboys, or they don't know what is going on, but Yodel are certainly doing their best to ruin Amazon's reputation.

So I emailed Amazon and told them to tell Yodel to come and get it themselves. I think I should make them come every day for a week before I let them have it, see how they like having all of their time wasted.
  • Mark_Hewitt
    Options
    silaren wrote: »
    The delivery man was surly and he thumped on my door very loudly even though there was a working doorbell in plain sight.

The delivery man will know from experience that a *lot* of people have doorbells which don't work, and you can't always tell when you've pressed it that it actually has worked. Whereas a loud bang on the door will always work.

What knarks me more is when there's a perfectly good knocker, specifically for the purpose and they knock weakly on the door.
  • Mark_Hewitt
    Options
    Amazon is fine when they use Royal Mail or Pacelforce as if I'm not in it goes to the Post Office - around the corner from me. If they use another courier then I have to ring up and rearrange delivery - and I'm not likely to be in then either! Or you have to drive to the depot 30 miles away to get the package.
  • Scarpacci
    Scarpacci Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    Options
    This isn't an order with Amazon.co.uk, but actually the US site Amazon.com. I paid for expedited shipping and opted to pre-pay the customs charges, so I don't end up with any nasty surprises from Royal Mail. The order was estimated to be delivered today, but it looks like Yodel have managed to send it to the wrong place! :D The item was shipped from the US by DHL Global Mail Track & Trace, meaning it would be delivered by DHL's internal UK courier ... who are now Yodel. Yes, even on American orders you can end up with Yodel.

So I checked the tracking, to see whether it was out for delivery today, and somehow the item has by-passed my neck of the woods and gone up to Stockton on Tees. D'oh. The delivery today was by no means guaranteed so I'm not going to contact Amazon yet. It will probably be redirected to the correct depot soon, but it's interesting how Yodel are able to mess up international orders too! :D
    This is everybody's fault but mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport