Try Me Free Hunt

Dormouse
Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 24 May 2021 at 2:53PM in Freebies (low spend)
Introduction by Martin

This thread is all about products which let you try me for free. A huge amount of work goes into it by a range of volunteers, led and collated by Dormouse. Thanks to all for all the hard work. Enough from me... onto Dormouse for the real info.

What is a try me free product?

The products listed on this thread have short lived a Try Me Free (TMF) or Money Back Guarantee promotion, meaning you pay for the product but later receive the money back (usually as a cheque, Postal Orders or cash). Sometimes you get postage paid for as well.

It is essential that you buy the product and send off your claim before the closing date. TMF products usually have a bright flash on the packaging, something along the lines of "Try me free" (very imaginative :rotfl: ). Sometimes you'll see them on the shelf with TMF-less products and you have to make sure you pick up the flashed product in order to enter.

Read the Terms and Conditions PROPERLY!!

Each TMF promotion has its own terms & conditions, which are always printed on the packaging (in annoyingly small print). Follow it to the letter - they are usually very strict!

You almost always have to send them the original receipt, and very often a brief statement of what you liked/disliked about the product.

TMFs are always (or maybe 99.999999% - anyone remember the cheese one a couple of years ago?) one per household, so you can only get money back for one product. If you've another address (parents, in-laws, friends, even work maybe) you can often legitimately buy more than one, just buy them separately and with separate receipts (and make sure no-one at the other address is a compulsive TMFer too :D).

Sometimes, companies think of completely bizarre things to ask... you might have to cut bits off the packaging, send a certain-sized bit of paper, only in black ink, whatever, follow it closely!

How long does it take to get paid?

You are supposed to receive your refund within 28 days usually, but this varies a tremendous amount. Anything between 4 days and 2 months is normal.

Here is a list of all the current TMFs:
Please report any new ones you find by clicking reply

Most offers require a special pack; for ones that don't, let's attempt to post the address here (just click reply)

All offers are one per household. Only 2nd class postage will be refunded, where mentioned. Remember to circle your purchase on the receipt.

I'll keep updating this post as new offers appear.

Happy hunting! :j :j :j

ON-GOING TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS (no closing date):

:TThanks to all the contributors :T[/B][/URL]

This is a continuation of the earlier incarnations of the thread here and here

Comments

• I've not seen the promotional packs of Kinder Bueno anywhere. Where are they normally found?
    Cup of Tea? :coffee:
  • Dormouse
    CupofTea wrote: »
    I've not seen the promotional packs of Kinder Bueno anywhere. Where are they normally found?
    TBH I'm not sure. The promotion has been running for a while, and there's is no closing date that I can see, so it might the case that shops have run out of promotional stock.

It is still on their FB page though so I'm assuming there should be some packs floating around. I keep meaning to check everywhere, especially small corner shops etc, but I always forget.:o

Good luck, hope you find some! :)
  • Dormouse wrote: »
    TBH I'm not sure. The promotion has been running for a while, and there's is no closing date that I can see, so it might the case that shops have run out of promotional stock.

It is still on their FB page though so I'm assuming there should be some packs floating around. I keep meaning to check everywhere, especially small corner shops etc, but I always forget.:o

Good luck, hope you find some! :)

Thank you for your reply. :) I'll try to keep a look out too.
    Cup of Tea? :coffee:
  • This will be my first time joining in with the TMF hunt, have been a couponer for a while now, so hoping i will fit in well here. Any advice would be muchly appreciated please.
    June Wins: Cupcake Mug
    3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    CupofTea wrote: »
    I've not seen the promotional packs of Kinder Bueno anywhere. Where are they normally found?

Be quick if you do find a promotional pack as the expiry is 30/09. :)
  • CupofTea wrote: »

I didn't have a promo pack and I still got my refund :D
  • re Perspirex
    I bought this, tried for 2 days...found it really stung and smelled horrible so sent off for money back..........weeks went by.....almost forgotten about it then received letter saying I had not sent back within 28 days! no refund! Cheek...is this common...
  • anabelinda wrote: »
    re Perspirex
    I bought this, tried for 2 days...found it really stung and smelled horrible so sent off for money back..........weeks went by.....almost forgotten about it then received letter saying I had not sent back within 28 days! no refund! Cheek...is this common...

I bought this too but never sent the MBG off because my husband thought it was the best product ever, so I thought it would be really cheeky.

Will you reply to them?
  • hailz1986 wrote: »
    This will be my first time joining in with the TMF hunt, have been a couponer for a while now, so hoping i will fit in well here. Any advice would be muchly appreciated please.

Same here!! I just got the TMF French's and sending off the neck labels, let's hope all goes well :D
    June Wins: Cupcake Mug
  • Dormouse
    3010 wrote: »
    Be quick if you do find a promotional pack as the expiry is 30/09. :)
    Thank you - don't know how I managed to miss the closing date! :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure