Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Comments

• LMR77
    LMR77 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Thanks for the reply. I have filled in template now. which address did you send it to? On the customer letter they handed us on arrival at manchester it states... delayed due to an unforeseen operationally significant defect.
    I will give it a try.
    Regards
    Heidi

Hi I sent it to this address
    Thomas Cook Ltd
    THE THOMAS COOK BUSINESS PARK CONINGSBY ROAD
    PETERBOROUGH PE3 8XP
  • bazaar_2
    bazaar_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    blondmark wrote: »
    You can serve corporate proceedings on any office of the defendant that has a close connection to your claim, so you needn't worry about whether or not you have the registered office.
    Well Well, our lead passenger just recieved a response since my call to thompson asking for the right address, Im halfway through the claim POC, so |I'll have to change em now. They now claim the delay was because of a 'hard landing' at Birmingham 'whilst operating its previous sector' ' It was thought that some damage had occurred. this then had a knock on effect on effect ( their grammer not mine) and caused a delay to your flight. . They then go on to apologise for stating a bird strike, and will investigate internally. etc. then they state judgement from Nelson v Lufthansa and C629/10 TUI, British Airways, Easyjet and IATA v UK CAA. to justify EC. and that it is important to note 'all reasonable measures test applies.. then theyve got para 14 of pre-amble of denied boarding etc. and that this is clear EC we are unable to offer compensation.
    Now, I think this is a delaying tactic again, but just wondered what additional ammo theyve just given me. It sounds like theyve only got the one airplane doing all these runs to birmingham, bristol, manchester, then Cancun. Unbelievable. What do you guys think?
  • bazaar_2
    bazaar_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    just to clarify what theyre claiming, they state ' Its important to to note that the "all reasonable measures" test applies to the occurence of the EC, not the delay that may have been its effect.
    Plainly speaking, some passengers may be entitled to compensation for a delay that results in those passengers reaching their destination airport in excess of three hours after their ticketed arrival time. However, if the cause of the delay was not the airlines fault (ie, result of EC ) there is no requirement to pay the compensation."

So if its not the airlines fault that it was a hard landing, who was piloting the damn thing, and I'm fairly sure they have electronics on board that aid any landing.
    Also, planes do indeed take-off, and by default, they have to land. Everytime ( unless it crashes of course). Well guys I think Ive just answered my own message here. Comments welcome though
  • maghater
    maghater Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Nelson Lufthansa can claim ec if the circumstance is beyon the control of the airline, unless the runway came up to meet the aeroplane . I don't know may have been an earthquake in Brum that day. They have told you one lie already why believe anything else they say. There is something on BA forum about knock on effects not being allowed under ec. Case sounds nailed on to me
  • Thanks for the above, does anybody have the email address for customer complaints?
    Regards
    Heidi
  • bamblolo
    bamblolo Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi was just wondering if anyone had been succesful claiming compensation back from Thomas Cook after 14hr flight delay for Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh on the 22/5/2008. Think the flight was TCX248 first flight took off but had to return after only a hour we were then made to wait till a replacement plane could be found. When we did arrive in Sharm my cases were missing and didnt turn up till 2days later.
  • I cant find my flight on flightstats.co.uk. I was delayed for over 4hrs (but im sure it was nearer 6hrs) from Larnaca to newcastle on 17/08/2011 with Thomascook airlines (tcx6109) Flightstats say there was no flight but i no i was definately on the flight as i had to collect my sister from ayia napa in an emergency. I also put my detailsinto EUclaim Advice and it says my flight was delayed but doesnt give any time length. I dont have any paper work or boarding pass with flight details etc. But i do have bank statement with payment on for the 2 seats back to newcastle & a transaction from the airport on my statement.

Last edited by cufc4eva; Today at 11:06 PM.
  • Hi everybody new to this dont even know where to start we got delayed in 2010 from menorca 3 of us by 6hrs 35 mins they had to fly parts from manchester and pick an engineer up from leeds then he had to fix the parts to said plane got all the details flight number TCX647L from mahon on 10/09/10 they gave us bottle of water and a chicken leg and chips i missed my mates wedding because of this have i got a claim cant seem to see anyone else who was on this flight if i have got a claim where do i begin thanks in advance
  • Hi guys,

I have looked on flightstats and it is saying my flight landed at a time it didn't. It was delayed by hours, but I can't find out by how many. If anyone can help with this it would be appreciated!
  • Dave_TH
    Dave_TH Posts: 183 Forumite
    Superhorn wrote: »
    Can you tell me the reason for the delay?

pilots needed rest, apparently relief pilots stuck at another airport, bet that information is not given freely anymore!!;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure