PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• Buddingblonde
    Buddingblonde Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Messys!!!
    Soup - hope you are feeling a lot better today.
    It is a lovely day here but I cant start putting washings on for another half hour or so as we have downstairs neighbours who moan (their bedroom is under my kitchen). I think there is 3 loads to do, darks lights and towels, if I get enough of a breeze today I might even freshen up the beds.
    The dishes are soaking and I will do them in stages and I will try and get the hoover through done before lunch - I am wanting to keep on top of this before I go back to work!
    Hope everyone has a good day - and that the newbies are settling into our cluttered messy group.
  • hart44
    hart44 Posts: 1,610 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning :D
    Im hoping to carry one where I left off yesterday and do a little more :o but I have to take my DD to work 1st :(
    I hate living near a popular tourist route as the road gets dusty and it seems to blow straight into my house :( my bedroom needs a good dusting but I hate dusting :rotfl:
    My sink is full of washing up again so OH can do that when he gets up :rotfl:
    Hope everyone has a good day today :D
    Getting myself sorted 1 day/1thing at a time :) and Love sewing :)
    "Sewing fills my days,
    not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
    ~ Author Unknown
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    [QUOTE=soupdragon10;43262948

Will go to bed in a wee while, but will make sure that I do at least 2 more bits of ironing from the decreasing pile - btw would I be better ironing my thicker cardigans before I store them for the summer or wouldn't it matter (they are mostly wool/synthetic mixes and don't crease much). I certainly don't iron anything unless I absolutely have to, my late mother ironed everything in sight if she got chance!

[/QUOTE]

Hi

Personally I wouldnt iron the thicker jumpers because a - it isnt necessary and b sometimes the iron can be too hot for the fibres and`flatten` the weave, I would only iron the lambswool ones that I have and then inside out. HTH Have you an airing cupbaord that you can store them in?
  • icelandic_queen
    Options
    I've done most of the dishes but the ironing is sitting on the table still waiting to be done! It was such a gorgeous day here yesterday that I took the kids to the park and we had take-away on the way home for tea. Unfortunately we were knackered so we were all in bed early when I had planned to sort out the ironing!! Ah well, off to work in a minute for 3 hours and then I WILL DO THE IRONING!!
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone, its lovely up here today again, I have a washing on the line and one in the machine, and plan on cleaning the floors and the fridge shortly. Then I am going upstairs again for a wee while. I am finding it all a bit overwhelming to be honest. :(
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • tenmah
    tenmah Posts: 2,209 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, got lots done yesterday but still not the things I wanted to do really :( I did get two lots of washing on the line and out of that lot only have three items to iron, so will get those done and out of the way.

We are off to a family funday event soon where my daughter is selling jewellery, so fingers crossed she gets some sales. Her stuff is so lovely but of course people only have a certain amount of money to spend these days.

Have a good day everyone........
    OD [STRIKE] £2600 [/STRIKE] £0 :j Loan [STRIKE]£9500.00[/STRIKE] £0 :j Car [STRIKE]£3150[/STRIKE] £0 :j Moving Costs [STRIKE]£1300[/STRIKE] £0 :j Savings £1150 :j

Everytime I hear the 'dirty' word Exercise, I wash my mouth out with chocolate!
  • hart44
    hart44 Posts: 1,610 Forumite
    Options
    tenmah I hope your daughter's sales go well :D I have given my Aunt some of my sewing to sell on her stall at her village hall yesterday so Im hopeing something has sold :o
    I have so many bags and purses I have made I need to get them out of my bedroom as it's becoming an obstacle course just getting to bed at night :rotfl:
    My iroing pile is not too bad at the moment but more washing today will sort that and I will get on with it tomorrow as the kids are back at school Tuesday :o:D
    Getting myself sorted 1 day/1thing at a time :) and Love sewing :)
    "Sewing fills my days,
    not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
    ~ Author Unknown
  • Ellie83
    Ellie83 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, you've been hard at work ladies, well done! :)

Yesterday, I was on fire! I started in the morning thinking I wasn't motivated enough to do big things, so I followed our mantra: baby steps. Well baby steps became very quickly giant steps, and now I can kind of see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's more like a very faint glow, but still!! :D

Bedroom is completely de-cluttered and looking really nice! We got rid of the sofa in there and we can finally move around the bedroom. I even got DH to completely empty his side of the wardrobe and now al his non-clothing items fit neatly in his under-bed box. I put away the winter bedding at the top of the wardrobe and did a good sort out of my souvenirs, etc so they are all in nice boxes :)

The lounge still looks like a bomb site but it will gradually get better, I'm sure. The only room that worries me is the garage. We put all the charity boxes and recycling boxes in there and it is back to looking like a warehouse :(

I wish you a nice Sunday!! :j
  • Buddingblonde
    Buddingblonde Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    Ellie - did you end up getting the tesco boxes?
  • Ellie83
    Ellie83 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    Ellie - did you end up getting the tesco boxes?

Yes I did, they're great! I can't put them under our bed, but they stack so well in the garage, they're brilliant and good value for money. Thank you so much for the tip :D

While I was there, I also bought some under-bad storage boxes, the ones on wheels, and I don't really like them, they don't close really well. Still, they're better than the Argos ones.

They also have huge plastic crates where I could fit all our camping gear. But I will have to save for that. We've spent enough already :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure