The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks bob. I'm always amazed at the NST's organisation skills. It scares me a bit, a little like the fly lady folks.:eek:

That must have been scary Takingcontrol. My health is more and more on my mind lately. I'm about three stone overweight and only 5' 2" so it shows.....a lot. I'm three years away from my next big birthday and plan to hit it as fit and healthy as I can be.

It's true Boxofpaws abouto have less debt from month to month. It's too easy to focus on what's left, when we should focus on how well we all do. :j

It's been a very relaxing day today, not much done really, but sometimes it's needed.

I have received my second statement for one of my 0% cards today and again it's only £50 to pay. On the 4% balance payment it should be about £220. I'm assuming they ask for the lower amount while on 0% so there is plenty left to pay interest on after it finishes. Cynical.....me.

Anyway I still have a card which accrues interest, so the extra payment I budgeted for the 0% card will go towards this one for a few months then I can really hit the 0% one.

Three positives for today....
    1. A nice, relaxing day.
    2. A bit of decluttering done.
    3. Some sewing later.

Have a good day all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Sounds like a good day. Good to read your three things :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • That must have been scary Takingcontrol. My health is more and more on my mind lately. I'm about three stone overweight and only 5' 2" so it shows.....a lot. I'm three years away from my next big birthday and plan to hit it as fit and healthy as I can be

Yes it was - I'm around 5'3" and like yourself around 3 stone overweight - seem to carry it around the middle and top half :eek: small changes all add up Parsnip - i'm up and down with the weight but its my special bday this year so need to get a move on in shifting some of it :eek:
  • parsniphead
    Afternoon diary

I'm feeling a bit worried today and need a bit of a kick up the bum to be honest. I had a call yesterday from an ex colleague who wants for me to do some work for him and it could be a big thing, relatively speaking of course. But for some silly reason Im having a huge loss of nerve. I need to be brave and just go for it but things have gone so wrong in the past year I'm being a bit of a fraidy cat.

On a positive note I have some plans for the veg garden. I have had some big success in the past so it should be good and help save money. So far I have plans to grow....

Carrots
    Spinach
    Spring onions
    Radish
    Mixed leaf/lettuce
    Cucumber
    Peppers
    Beans
    Potatoes
    Cabbage
    Broccoli/purple sprouting broccoli
    Parsnips
    Courgettes
    Peas
    Strawberries
    Apples
    Some fruit bushes - not decided yet

I'm not sure if there is anything I have missed, but the food produced will help. Now if the rain will stop I can get things moving.

So I'm thinking good food and excercise in the garden should help with more than one pounds problem.;)

Right work now. Have a good day.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There is no kicking-up-the-bum smiley, but consider yourself kicked. :D Go for it!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Well. What have you go to loose? If you try and fail at least you tried!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    Thank you both. You are completely right.im going to go for it and see what happens.

A busy day today. I need to go and get DS some shoes before the circus this evening.

One thing to do though is get some washing on the line while it's sunny. It makes a lovely change.:)

• It's really difficult to assess your own abilities objectively. If you trust your ex colleague's judgement normally, why doubt it in this instance? Give it a go.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Haven't been circus in years !

Wow I'm so jealous that you can grow all your own - how rewarding that must feel - and I luved the llbs comment :D

I agree with everyone and glad you decided to go for the work - believe in your abilities :j

Things are looking up Parsnip :)
  • parsniphead
    Thank you INOD and takingcontrol. You are all right and i should stop being a big chicken. If others appreciate my talents then why do i doubt myself....

Another issue is of a more supernatural one. You see i think there may be some kind of portal in my house. No matter how much i clear out, recycle and throw away, there is more when i look again. Where the flip does it come from. This week is clearing the decks week. DH has had a talking to as he has a stupid amount of clothes. What is it with men and t shirts? Im going to put all my long clothes in the spare room wardrobe and he can have the bedroom one. Any more clothes hanging of the bedstead and bits will be chopped off.;)

IVE HAD IT WITH STUFF.

AND BREATHE........

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure