Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nancy2929
    • By nancy2929 20th Aug 17, 1:31 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    nancy2929
    Ebay account suspended indefinitely!!! What can I do?
    • 20th Aug 17, 1:31 AM
    Ebay account suspended indefinitely!!! What can I do? 20th Aug 17 at 1:31 AM
    Please can anyone help me. Ebay have suspended my account as they said my feedback wasn't up to scratch!! This was totally unfair as it was at 99.8% - not sure what they thought was wrong. They then suspended my account and said I could not longer sell.
    So I opened another account and that was ok until yesterday when they said the two accounts were linked and shut that one down to!
    How can I open another account or get them to let me use my original account again?

I found this guide: slideshare.net/AuctionEssistance/ebay-incognitostealth which shows you how to create another account, but I am scared that I might get suspended again.

I don't know what else to do!
    Please help!
Page 1
    • Pun
    • By Pun 20th Aug 17, 1:39 AM
    • 499 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    Pun
    • 20th Aug 17, 1:39 AM
    • 20th Aug 17, 1:39 AM
    Sold anything recently (particularly high value items such as electronics or a phone) and had an unhappy buyer...?
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 20th Aug 17, 4:36 AM
    • 25,695 Posts
    • 10,209 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 20th Aug 17, 4:36 AM
    • 20th Aug 17, 4:36 AM
    New name, new address, new bank accounts, new internet IP, new computer and discard any device used to access your account and anything linked to any of the above.

Opening a 2nd account was a big mistake.

That link is pretty crap. There are more ways they know its you. Your computers hardware will given them data also. Clearing cookies wont change that.
    Tells you to put any address ?? So if you buy something it goes to a random address? Or sell something and the buyer wants to return it to where? If a seller tells me to send it elsewhere i ignore and send it to the address registered.

Maybe down to your iphone sales?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 20th Aug 17, 8:34 AM
    • 59,085 Posts
    • 41,871 Thanks
    soolin
    • 20th Aug 17, 8:34 AM
    • 20th Aug 17, 8:34 AM
    Please can anyone help me. Ebay have suspended my account as they said my feedback wasn't up to scratch!! This was totally unfair as it was at 99.8% - not sure what they thought was wrong. They then suspended my account and said I could not longer sell.
    So I opened another account and that was ok until yesterday when they said the two accounts were linked and shut that one down to!
    How can I open another account or get them to let me use my original account again?

I found this guide: slideshare.net/AuctionEssistance/ebay-incognitostealth which shows you how to create another account, but I am scared that I might get suspended again.

I don't know what else to do!
    Please help!
    Originally posted by nancy2929
    Firstly, you have two issues here, the suspension of the first account and the total ban from the 2nd stealth account. The stealth account probably means that you and anyone at all that ebay believe to be associated with you have probably lost all hope of getting back on ebay and any more attempts to get round ebay t and cs by starting again will just see you banned again and more importantly might end up with you getting your funds held by paypal for months.

To start- you would not have been banned on feedback, so if you have any slight hope at all of retrieving that 1st account you need to be honest and go back and see why you were banned. It will almost certainly be due to either excessive buyer complaints, a poor expanded seller dashboard or other defects, if you still have all the details of that 1st account then see what information you can still access. You have entirely lost your second account, that was so completely against the rules that you stand no hope- your only tiny slim outside chance is to attempt to retrieve the 1st account.

I see from your posting history that you tend not to come back once you post, so I suggest regulars don't go into too much detail until we know you will respond to questions.

Whatever you do though forget the stealth accounts, regardless of what people tell you they are not a way of getting round the rules and will just see you banned again- oh and ignore any PMs you get from people trying to sell you sure fire ways of beating an ebay ban.

So to summarise, you need to concentrate on that first account and firstly work out why you were banned.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • I have spoken
    • By I have spoken 20th Aug 17, 11:34 AM
    • 4,963 Posts
    • 9,656 Thanks
    I have spoken
    • 20th Aug 17, 11:34 AM
    • 20th Aug 17, 11:34 AM
    Blown your joker on this one, Ebay selling is over
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 20th Aug 17, 12:11 PM
    • 1,818 Posts
    • 1,016 Thanks
    TKPeters
    • 20th Aug 17, 12:11 PM
    • 20th Aug 17, 12:11 PM
    Always try & work with eBay on restoring your first account that has been suspended

If that fails, the only way to get another account is to start from scratch & that includes changing email addresses, IP Addresses & clearing cookies.

• nancy2929
    • By nancy2929 10th Sep 17, 2:57 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nancy2929
    • 10th Sep 17, 2:57 AM
    Ebay account suspended!!! What Are My Options?
    • 10th Sep 17, 2:57 AM

So I opened another account using this guide: slideshare.net/AuctionEssistance/ebay-incognitostealth and that was ok until yesterday when they said the two accounts were linked and shut that one down to!

Please help!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Sep 17, 7:56 AM
    • 10,895 Posts
    • 7,301 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 10th Sep 17, 7:56 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 7:56 AM
    Deja vu or spam?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5697460
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Sep 17, 8:15 AM
    • 59,085 Posts
    • 41,871 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:15 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:15 AM
    Thought it looked familiar.

OP Please stick to one thread please, I have merged this for convenience.
    Last edited by soolin; 10-09-2017 at 8:17 AM.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 10th Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    Brynsam
    You won't get better advice than that given by Soolin in post 4 of this thread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

117Posts Today

1,173Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin