Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Yes it is quite responsive... if you're happy with their screen that says "temporarily-unavailable"

Try turning your machine off and on again.... always works for me :)
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    Got in via normal link but no gas bill - I wonder why? Could it be because The EO is now involved.

I'm sure it is all down to you Hengus

Well done on your mission :)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I could never find a fault with anything Zog did!
    They did use an un-truncated CV in the early days so not 100% perfect, just 99.999999999% :p
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    PaschalFun wrote: »
    I'm sure it is all down to you Hengus

Well done on your mission :)

My mission is a simple one: accurate and timely billing. They seem to be able to manage electricity accounts but gas is proving to be a challenge too far. I wonder if they managed to recruit a graduate-qualified Regulatory compliance officer?
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    PaschalFun wrote: »
    I think we all can thing of something that needs shutting down ...:cool:

Are you just posting to rub people up the wrong way?

You seem to be very gallous.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Coincidentally the final total in my calculations was also 7p out somewhere as well. By going back to the basic unit costs and after much head scratching I eventually traced the difference to the unit cost on the bill being incorrectly stated as 2.47p/kWh when in fact the actual cost according to my contract is in fact 2.472p/kWh. Those missing two thousandths of a penny per kWh make all the difference.

Well spotted, that eliminates the 7p, working backwards the CV is exactly 40 now. (which still doesn't match the 11.1 multiplier but w/e)
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Raxiel wrote: »
    Well spotted, that eliminates the 7p, working backwards the CV is exactly 40 now. (which still doesn't match the 11.1 multiplier but w/e)

Just to muddy the waters even further check the transaction section on your online account. In mine it shows the Multiplier used as being 11.4 for both the months included on the bill and not 11.1 as shown on the bill!

My brain hurts! :D
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Just close them down. Too much time and energy being wasted on Iresa. I am moving to a new company costing £17 more per year after cashback. I can then STOP coming on here worrying about Iresa. SHUT THEM DOWN!
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Just to muddy the waters even further check the transaction section on your online account. In mine it shows the Multiplier used as being 11.4 for both the months included on the bill and not 11.1 as shown on the bill!

I see the same, I assume it's rounded, the multiplier for a CV of 40 is 11.36.
    I'm the kind of person who likes to know how things work, so I'm putting up with all this messing around because I'm learning stuff, but they really are taking the P, i can understand why others have just had enough.

It would be one thing if they'd just said 'we are still struggling with the CV and there is an error on the next bill but it will be fixed and errors corrected' but they didn't say that, they said it was fixed.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

This is why I have insisted in my submission to The EO that all bills (in my case one) are reversed and re-issued. My original bill failed to cover the first 3 weeks of supply and Iresa then used a transactions credit balance (based on the incorrect CV) to inform that bill. How is the customer expected to make sense of any charges and adjustments if the incorrect bill/s is/are not reversed and re-issued?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure