It's all fun and games until ...........

Options

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Milk: We don't use much so buy the cheapest per ltr size or reduced and freeze in 1pt. Cartons it's fine and if you spot running low get one out.

Cartons go through the dishwasher for reuse.
  • scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my word at last have 3 items listed on eBay - took FOREVER ....well seeing it's been some time since I have done that - have probably another 10 items to be listed but thought let's see how these go and can learn any lesions since it's been over 18 months since I last sold stuff on eBay ......

Ok now to make over payments and update the list of shame ....... Was payday on Friday:j
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Depends what it is of course but I threw up some items pretty speedy today, so maybe it gets quicker with practice ;)

We buy milk in bulk too and just freeze it in the plastic containers. Just defrost on side when it's getting low.

I find it hard to do a No Spend Day, but Low Spend Days are easier. Just try and not over do it. Desperate though for a new pair of jeans..my last proper pair which I love, I bought in 2010 but they were £190.. And looking online there are no secondhand ones...well there are fake new ones...but no second hand ones which look legit in my size. Aagh. I live in jeans when not at work so finding this a hard one.

How is the list going? Kicked any into touch yet!?

Have a great week

Brizzle
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • scotdebs
    Options
    So overpayments done and balances updated here is updated list of shame :(

Rbs gold. £246
    His mbna. £10525
    My mbna. £6077
    Black card. £1111
    My BOS. £4084
    His BOS. £ 2328
    Very. £ 1254
    My bcard. £4988
    Halifax. £6695

Debt now £38.3k, £5k and just over 11% paid ofF so far - I WILL be under £30k by end of this year. On my ever expanding spreadsheet I have details of when all the 0% offered end and which I need to tackle and by when to pay min amount of interest possible . Almost as pleasing as the reduction is that it now costs me £613 to just meet the min payments compared to £870 before I start reshuffling the 0% deals and making the overpayments. Also since most of the debt is on 0% the min payments are making a small impact instead of nothing at all. That's the bonus spent now so the reduction each month won't be so dramatic - so this will be the real test of keeping focused .........
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • scotdebs
    Options
    So after the giddiness of paying big chunks of debt off over the weekend thanks to the bonus it's now down to the day to day MSE life of a DFW ;)

After a stressful day on the work and health front I nearly came a cropper on the takeaway temptation but have stuck to the meal plan and dinner cooking away as I type :money: however I can't guarantee the safety of the bottle of wine leftover from book club last weekend:eek:

Also made 2 TTs today just rounding down to the nearest £ but forgot how much I enjoyed doing them - thanks to Brizzle for reminding me via her diary .......... Now where did I stash that wine .....
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You're doing fantastically well :D 5k in a couple of months is brilliant!
    I almost succumbed to fried chicken takeaway tonight, but luckily enough had forgotten my purse so the decision was made for me.
  • scotdebs
    Options
    Thanks CCL unfortunately won't be able to pay off that much every month but hope to be under £30k by end of the year - really want to get out the habit of random takeaways not only will I stay in budget and meet my overpayment schedule but I will REALLY enjoy one when I do treat mysel:Df
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • alice_kate_2
    alice_kate_2 Posts: 196 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    scotdebs wrote: »
    Thanks CCL unfortunately won't be able to pay off that much every month but hope to be under £30k by end of the year - really want to get out the habit of random takeaways not only will I stay in budget and meet my overpayment schedule but I will REALLY enjoy one when I do treat mysel:Df

Random takeaways are terrible for us! I did some calculations and in the last few months we've wasted hundreds on takeaways or eating out! :eek:

Takeaways as a treat always taste so much better! :rotfl:
  • Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Options
    Hitching along for the ride as another takeaway addict, if you'll have me!
  • scotdebs
    Options
    Claree all welcome on the TA Takeaway Anonymous ride - I think in a really bad month we could spend close to £150 which would be shocking even if we didn't have debts - good grief what else could I have done with that money so I will report here how much I spend on TA's each month for the rest of the time I have this diary together with meals out :eek: a arrrggghhh did I actually just say that - ok total on both fronts is zero mind you it is only the 2nd of the month
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport